the mag

flumpy

Reaction score
match fishing magizine is it worth buying as a northern angler yorkshire area or is it like improve your c/f and angling times concertrate on the south as the north does not excist

T

Terry D

I bought it for years when I was seriously into match fishing and travelled all over the country fishing all types of waters. In those days it was invaluable to me, although I think a lot of a methods were kept under wraps until the angler concerned had something else up his sleeve so to speak.
If you only fish a few local waters then there may not be a lot in the mag to interest you, plus there's a very large amount taken up by adverts.

flumpy

Reaction score
thanks terry sounds like majority of mags then adverts take over

T

Terry D

I still regularly take Coarse Fisherman and Coarse Angling Today for a nice varied "read". 2 mags which haven't been overwhelmed by the ads.

Waveney One

Reaction score
Without the ads and of course the readers, all the magazines would cease to exist. Angling Times Advanced is one that has bitten the dust this year. I also find the ads useful even if I am not buying anything. It lets me compare prices and what is new on the scene.
http://www.learntofish.co.uk/

flumpy

Reaction score
im not having a personal go about the ads all i was asking that is matchfishing mag is worth buying but ill taking a trip down town look in smiths and buy it. i was just saying there is a lot of adverts but thats all of them and as a faily new angler i still need a lot of gear so there are useful to me as well.as i find mail order better then my local tackle shop the only decent tackle shop near me is fishing republic staff are very helpful.the others are privatly owned and does nothing but moan about f/rep taking all the trade. i do buy anglers mail as it gives where to fish and from my local area

D

Danny Lancaster

Have you tried "Northern Angler" Flumpy? I believe the latest issue has just come out this last week. Its a monthly paper. Very good read.

flumpy

Reaction score
just bought today danny. looks good value for the money