Angler’s Mail 22 November 2011

chav professor

Reaction score
look out for Jeremy book signings followed by a talk...... He is visiting Ipswich in December 8th at Waterstones......... he was born in Suffolk...... But then, I am sure there a lot of good anglers in this area:D

He is an amazing presenter - his programme 'River Monsters' introduces a whole new generation to fishing in a new and origonal format. The whole family enjoyed both series and my wife does not even like fishing!

When I grow up, I want to be just like jeremy!!!!!!

maceo

Reaction score
It’s showtime! Find out where and when!

Translation:

There's an extra page of over-excited advertorial about Dragon Carp's shows added to the end of their normal 12 page amazing lollapalooza tackle sale blowout.

Andy Youngs

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've always regarded JW as a gentleman. Here's why, this is a true story.

20 years ago, my mother bought me a copy of somewere down the crazy river as a birthday present.

I read it, enjoyed it, and it inspired me to go to NE India to fish for mahseer. I had a good holiday, so at the end of it I gifted my copy of the book to my guide.

I tried to procure replacement copy as soon as I returned to the UK, but it was out of print, and second hand copies were changing hands for very considerable sums of money (£100 +).

I therefore wrote to my guide, and advised him to hang on to the book that I had given him, because it was worth a very considerable sum of money.

Some years later, I received a parcel from JW explaining that he had just returned from a fishing trip to NE India, and had learned that :

"I gather you have kindly donated your copy [of this book] to **** and have been unable to find another - so please accept this (from my small remaining stash) as a replacement, with my complements and with all best wishes, JW"

Enclosed with the note was a signed copy of the book. A gesture which I have taken through life to mean, that if you do a kind thing for a person, then it has a tendancy to bounce back and pay dividends in years to come.

Over the years, I've continued to correspond with JW off and on. But I guess the big challenge now is to try and get PB to counter-sign the book .... If I'm being honest, he was always the more gifted of the two as far as writing skills are concerned.