Tigers and other seeds

pete proctor

Reaction score
One of my mates won't use many of the seed baits we use, such as tiger nuts, hemp, etc, until they're smelling rank and got a furry coating on them. I like to use them fresh, What do others think?

S

Steve Parsons

I like to use particles that are stewing in their own juices.Most will turn the liquid sticky,consistency a bit like custard.Tigers will go really gooey ,the liquid goes like snot!
I wouldn't use bait that is mouldy,i don.t eat food that is gone off,i wouldn't expect the fish to.

C

Carp Angler

There is a difference between fermenting and mouldy.
I prefer hemp fresh, but other particles fermented.

A

Andrew Webber

Stuff like tigers, maize and a maples, the stickyer the better. I also think hemps better fresh boiling it up on the bank can be a pain in the balls tho!

C

Craig w

I always mix up a load of particles and then add a bag of sugar to help them ferment and make them extra sweet, then freeze what i dont need for later.

C

Carp Angler

I also think hemps better fresh boiling it up on the bank can be a pain in the balls tho!

Yeah, nowhere to plug in the Burco!!!

A

Andrew Webber

Luckily we've a lake hut with a fidge/freezer, microwave, toilet and shower. So I can plug in there. Unfortunately means I have no excuse to be a smelly session angler!