Come on boys (and girls)

C

Chris Isaacs

Only 10 applications have been received for the Stoney and Friends Pike fish-in on 10th Feb at Wraysbury Two.
The record for the event is 138, and we want to beat that this year, so come on everybody, get your applications in now, there's only a month to go.
visit www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk for more details, and say whether you are coming on this site to help motivate others.

C

Chris Isaacs

Richard

See previous threads under Wraysbury Pike Fish-in or Stoney and Friends.

Basically, it's a fun day's Pike fishing at Wraysbury Two to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Relief. Entry is only ?10.00 and there will be a great raffle on the day.

More details on www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Details here:

<a href=http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?SP=&v=1&UAN=1477>Stoney & Friends Pike Fish-in</A>

C

Chris Isaacs

I can't believe the lack of response on this site! I bet loads of you will be out fishing on 10th Feb. Why not just change your usual venue for the day, come and meet loads of like minded anglers, have a good social, maybe catch a pike or two, and help raise a few quid for Macmillan Cancer Relief.
To date, we have 46 applications in, but hardly any from members of this forum!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Just go easy a bit Chris. I won't be attending myself, as much as I'd like to support such a worthwhile cause, and which I have personal reasons to support. But I have other commitments I can't get out of, and that may apply to many others who use this forum, apart from the great distance many will need to travel.

Perhaps the majority of those who are attending live a reasonable distance from the venue.

I don't think you'll do any good by trying to brow-beat people into going. Just the opposite I would imagine.

C

Chris Isaacs

Sorry Graham

The intention is not to brow-beat people into going, purely to keep up the awareness of the event.

People will obviously only attend if it feasible for them.

I am however surprised by how few people have responded on the forum.

I promise however, not to push the event again on this forum and will only post replies to any questions raised.

Chris

C

Chris Isaacs

Just to let you all know we are up to 56 confirmed attendees as of noon today.

C

Chris Isaacs

72 Applicants now confirmed with less than two weeks to go.

C

Chris Isaacs

Only 10 days to go, and 79 confirmed. ideally we would like 100+
Is there anybody out there who is coming back hasn't submitted their form yet?

C

Chris Isaacs

This is the last posting from me before the event. 82 people confirmed, and only 5 days to go. Numbers are being limited at 100, so if you want to come and haven't got your form in yet, nows your last chance.

See you all there.

Chris

R

Richard Bytheway

try a venue nearer the midland next time .
id come , but its a long way from herefordshire. the cotswolds is plenty far enough for me .

C

Chris Isaacs

Richard

We will be having our annual three day fish-in at Yateley on 6th/7th and 8th of September. As it's for three days, the long journey might not seem so bad.
Keep an eye on www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk for more details in the near future.

Chris

C

Chris Isaacs

Richard

Sorry I forgot to mention that in respect of the Wraysbury event, Stoney has arranged fishing on the Saturday at a nearby pit for those that are having to travel a long way.

does that make a difference to you?

R

Richard Bytheway

not this time thanks. but i will keep an eye on the september date .
thanks.

C

Chris Isaacs

I'm pleased to advise that this event is now sold out!

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Chris

C

Chris Isaacs

A BIG THANK YOU to all of you who took part in the Stoneyand friends Pike fish-in at wraysbury. Thanks to your generosity, over ?1,600 was raised, making this a record for one of Stoney's Pike fish-ins.
This follows the record set at Yateley last September. Two records for two events, just shows what a generous bunch you all are.
Also, a big that you to Ian Welch at RMC for yet again donating the use of the water for free, and also for confirming that next year both Wraysbury One and Two can be used for the event.
And lastly, another thank you goes to all the sponsors who generously donated prizes for the raffle making it yet again a sell out, due to the desirability of the prizes on offer.
Keep an eye on www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk for future events such as Yateley (6/7/8 Sept) and maybe a few other new events!
Thanks again to you all.

Chris (on behalf on Stoney and Friends)