Angling’s Life Lessons

chav professor

Reaction score
Life lesson: chuck out a herring for a pike and catch a new PB bass!!!!! Well done Eddy..... Lots of what you have written rings true for me too!!!!

I was just reading another thread, when I made the conection between your name and the story of your 11lb Bass that was landed on the Royalty stretch of the Hampshire Avon that appeared in the Angling times!

eddyfish

Reaction score
Thanks Chav.

I should say that I actually blanked for pike for two whole days on the Royalty. A good angler would have caught one, a flukey one catches a bass.

Glad you liked the article.

Eddy

tesco value

Reaction score
Nice read Eddy. It’s something I’ve often pondered – what exactly is the appeal of spending hours or even days in search of a fish, that once captured, we simply take a photo of and put back?
Perhaps there is some base, hunter gatherer instinct that drives us as anglers.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Excellent Eddy. Didn't realise you're local to this corner of the world.

I know some of those swims including around Elstead! There's a superb area near there but usually has a flock of rams in residence. I know the owner/shepherd well but also know those sheep are worse than any bullock. They're essentially running wild and fend for themselves on the incredibly lush grazing until its time for their final trip - nasty pieces of work! The electric fencing is severe and ramped up several notches!

Nice article, more please!