time to sort the rother valley fish-in

D

DAN.

right then just checked my emails and found a email asking what happend to the rother valley fish-in!
it hasnt been finalised yet so i think its time that it was.
the only thing i regret to add is the council has not repleyed to my letter about access so will try my best to get this resolved in time for the avent.
so with this in mind lets try and get a date that everyone can agree on .
was thinking of starting around friday 11th of may and fishing through till sunday the 13th myself but am open to other dates from the magic croud.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Hi Dan. Id almost forgotten this fish-in arrangement.That date looks ok to me but i doubt ill do the overnight bit as i only live a couple of miles away and i do like my own bed. We will see how things progress from here and keep in touch. Mick.

PS. H ave you fished it recently and if so how did it fish?.

D

DAN.

hi michael i havent had the chance recently but my mate shep has been down a couple of times and sead that there was a couple of carp lads there but i dont think that they had done much but the weather has heated up lots over the past few weeks so the bream and carp should be on the feed .
one thing is for certain the place is deep so the water will take its time to warm but
this will have happend so the fishing is going to pick up if it hasnt already .am planning a session in the next week or so depending on work so will let you know.

Quiver man

Reaction score
Lordy, unless you have fished it and can unlock its secrets dont go there for gawds sake ! I remember fishing with school once about 15 years ago and a whole coach load plus teach blanked. My mate used t o walk his dog round it and never heared more than a couple of roach out. I did hear that it had been leathered by cormorants but reckon they may have been shot out along with long eared owls. That said I havent see cormorants and I can see RV from my bedroom window.

The river is supoosed to be OK though.

S

Sean Meeghan

I'll have a go - tench and bream?

Don't want any of those silly carpy things!!!!

Beecy

Reaction score
Dan, which lake is it at RV ?

Ive walked round loads of times, and never seen any sign of anyone fishin

I was there on monday, and even on the information/map boards it dosnt mention fishing

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
I'd have been up for this, but we have the Fly fish-in at Press manor on the 12th May.

D

DAN.

quiver man ,the place is full of fish its all down to persiverance its a big water so you aint gonna catch first put in its about getting a bed of bait down and then the fish will move infront of you and feed not forgetting the water has some depth in places i find a night aproach is best.
sean ,the venue is chocker with bream and big bream at that ,good roach if you can get them to feed,carp dont know about tench and havent herd about any being cought but the water must have them its got nearly every other fish that swims will try to find out.
Beecy,cant tell you the exact name but you access the lake by going to killermarsh and walking through a ginnal between some houses and its behind a bank.at the far side there is a nature reserve pond with no fishing boards all round it.
if someone knows the proper name for this lake please let us know as it may be helpfull .

D

DAN.

wendy,
the 11th may is only a suggested date for now but if we can all agree on a date thats better for everyone whos interested
it will be a better turn out. and we can all have a go at unlocking the the potential of this big lake.

D

DAN.

the last time i fished there i use method feeders .
fishing around 60 yrds out into about 20ft of water .
as it is a big venue i chose to use big korda method feeders.and my choice of hook bait was dynobaits spicey chicks and trigger boilies.on my walk to the far side of the lake i desturbed a few carp that lay in the shallows so this gave me good faith in the session.
the sesh started of slow with just a couple of linners then a couple of hours into the sesh someone switch the feed button on the bream and they went for it!
i landed some nice fish wish i had my scales as a couple of them were lumps !
must of landed around 20 bream over a couple of hours id catch 3 fish then it would go dead for 10 mins then they moved back over the feed.
as the light faded i struck into a fish that tore of like a steam train and straight into a bed of weeds the rod locked and the line gave way it must have been a nice carp but thats one for the book of the one that got away!
am looking forward to the next session there .

D

DAN.

so the 11th may hits with another fish in so how about 25th ?
im still going to give it a bash on the 11th if anyone fancys joining me let me know.
i think shep and billy boy are going dont know about cat as he has broke his arm.
so cant hold a rod propably.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
25th sounds good to me Dan, if it's ok with everyone else?

We have Clattercote on the 19th May and there is 40 of us going on that.

D

DAN.

WENDY ,
im away now for 2 weeks with a last min change in rota at work so the 25th is good for me !
im going to let shep take over with sorting the fish in as im not going to have internet access so ill give him a bell and sort this with him and i look forward to seeing magic members who are interested at having a bash at rother valley on the 25th if people are still interested that is .

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
No worries Dan we'll hopefully have something sorted for when you get back mate.

I'm away for a few days beginning of May but i am def up for the 25th.

Is it a Sat? I start my coaching course that week i think, but if this is a sat i'm ok.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Whatho old chap the week end before the bank holiday -I'm on a canal holiday beginning the 26th so might be a bit difficult - but I could maybe pop down for an hour to me the FM lot
Tally Ho

D

DAN.

wendy the 25th is a friday im going friday night an fishing through the weekend till sunday morning.
off now speek to you all soon.

S

Sean Meeghan

Won't be able to fish that weekend, but will nip down to see people.