The Alternative Angler ? Rod Rage Part 1

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Another nice beginning Kevin.

As my days on the banks are pretty limited I am usually wide awake, and out of bed, long before the alarm, still with the same enthusiasm as when I was a 12 year old.

The night before I have had everything packed and in the garage ready to be loaded into the car the next morning.

My lunchbox is filled the night before and in the 'fridge and even the flask is out on the counter top ready for the morning. Although last year I bought a Kelly Kettle, so I rarely bother with the flask these days.

All I have to do is load the car and get the baits out of the other 'fridge, and I'm off.

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
Peter I'm exactly the same, night before I have to double check everything, make sure all my rigs are in good nick, elastic is OK on the pole, rod set up, all my tackle bits are where they should be and that all my baits are in the bait bag. Sandwiches and snacks made and in the fridge (along with any bait which I need to keep in the fridge) and then everything is place by the door ready for the car, and I somehow always manage to be up before my alarm goes off, like a child on Christmas morning!

F

Fred Bonney

Another classic,Kevin,been there done most of that.
The nurse looks after all that for me now,the night before!
Even down to, having my fishing clothes somewhere handy, to prevent the...sorry to wake you darling(spit)where's my....
Oh,yes the alarm clock,I don't need that on, I always wake up on time, and every half hour through the night,to look at the bloody time.
Even that's now ready for me now,and yes, the anticipation wakes me up beforehand, anyway!

T

The Monk

some good tips there Kevin, can`t wait for the next edition mate