Fishing buddies

avrojet

Reaction score
Hi folks!
Being a complete novice to fishing and fed up at making myself look a tit when fishing (I don't seem to catch very much except when the Wood pigeon shits on me because it roost is above where I set up)
I got to thinking if there are people whom would be willing to show a novice enough to get them started?
I don't know much about water craft or how to set up the tackle when fishing for a certain species etc.
If there’s anybody in the Warrington/Cheshire area that would be willing to advise a novice then please let me know. I don’t mind driving to venues.
Mark

pellethead15

Reaction score
hi avrojet,im in knutsford,my advice would be to join lymm anglers club.they have waters near you, ive sent you a pm.

David Bruce 3

Reaction score
I live in Northwich. My main fishing is on Prince Albert Waters so not much chance with a 2 year waiting list. There is a small carp pool near me that is only £25 p.a. and is full of easy to catch carp. Of course warmer weather is best but it still fishes. If you are interested I'll show you - I can take visitors.

akacrush

Reaction score
Hi Mark

I'm the other side of Manchester from you, happy to meet up sometime for a fish-in sometime (pike in winter, anything else for the rest of the year).

avrojet

Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for all the advice and offers.
I have joined Warrington Anglers and looking at trying some Chub fishing on some of their waters. I purchased a 13ft float rod, quilver tip road and a pike rod as I fancy fishing for pike. However I would like some instruction on fishing for Pike so that I'm able to handel them with out causing injury to the fish,as I would be horrified if I damaged a fish. I'm also interested in Tench and Perch, but some reason Carp don't really interest me at the moment. I would like to be able to fish rivers hence the Warrington Anglers card as they have access to a good number of rivers.
Thanks
Mark