Gobsmacked By Grumpy!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Okay, just for fun, who is your angling equivalent of Grumpy? You know, which angler is most likely to bite yer 'ead off!

F

Fred Bonney

Having seen some of Rik's responses on the forum,i'm not saying anything!!

G

Gary Knowles

Obviously you mean with the exception of Eddie (old git No.2). If he's included in this debate we may as well forget this one..........

C

Chris Bishop

We don't have any grumps up here.

It's all cameraderie, no back-biting, back-stabbing or anything like that.

Honest.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've noticed that as well Chris. Not like us beer-swilling, curry-eating, farting, forever fighting northerners.

Oh, and here's my nomination: Cyril Secombe.

Wait for it... 10, 9, 8, 7..........

R

Ron Clay

No not really, but I do like taking the p..s out of long stay carp anglers, the barbel police, traditionalist and especially Pommus vulgaris - sub species innus M25.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Gary !!!!!!!

Just watch it .........

There's nothing grumpy about me..

Nyaaaaaaaaghh

(old git 2 )

P

Paul Williams

He's probably a nice guy?......but if it's on looks in the weeklies......Stef Horak!
Fred....Riks a pussycat, buy him PieNchips and you will have him eating out of your hand.......but move it fast!!!!!

K

Kevan Halford

ME!!
I cant catch sod all at the moment for various reasons!

C

Craig Smith

On a serious note if poss!
I've had a great day fishing for the grumpy grouper unfortunatly nothing that ginormous! I must have been catching babies but up 20lb are bloody big babies! It was a couple of years ago when I was visting relatives in New Zealand. Reading this article just brings back the memories of the lovely shades of white and green me old man was in the 3 meter swell! I know that he regrets not going on the lash the night before with my uncle and I coz we were both fine and had our best day sea fishing and a cracking barbie afterwhich he couldn't eat coz he was dehidrated!!!! poor bugger

D

Dave O'L

Well I don't know about grumpy anglers but somehow the story has just brought back memories of a certain girl I knew in college 20 years ago.
If I remember rightly she was quite popular, especially on a Friday night!

G

Gary Knowles

What, did she used to pop divers helmets in her mouth then Dave ?

In fact, was it just divers or any kind of Seamen ! ! ! ! !

F

Fred Bonney

Paul,i'm sure Rik is,infact I enjoy his input so much,i'd buy him a pie and chips if I met him.
I think must lead a sheltered,i've never come across a Grumpy in all my years of walking the banks.Having said that,I think i'm about the same size as Rik so that might be the reason.

E

Gary
---fishing with the GE you would know all about that sort of thing !!!

as Graham and I witnessed at DDI (but never caught on film)

E

Errrrrrm was I ??

I dont really remember much ---least of all the directions ....Mind you I leave that to Graham because he's good at that !!!! hahah

A

Ashe Hurst

RON,

Whats that you say about innus M25?
A friend of mine is a pain in the A***.
He calls,planning a trip,changes his mind several times in the process.
When we get on the bank,he farts around winging,crashing about and goes on about going home after 2hrs.
He carries so many bags,boxes and bits under his arms,he can hardley walk and sounds like the invasion of poland.
Needless to say ,I dont go with him often,unless hes offering me a lift.