Northern Angler paper

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Today I bought myself for the first time the northern angler paper from the news agents.I purchased this as I no longer buy the advirtisement papers,but to my horror inside I find features on the Linear fisheries yawn then Great Ouse yawn yawn and then finally four pages devoted to Ireland yawn yawn yawn.I know this maybe a bit picky but is this northern europe angler paper or am I completely rubbish at geography.
What chance do we stand of getting local news from the major papers if our local ones promote southern venues,needless to say I won't purchase it again.

W

Wolfman Woody

"What chance do we stand of getting local news from the major papers"

MOVE SOUTH!

T

The Monk

I suppose if you live in brighton, Linear and the Ouse are North

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Move South Woody my one bedroomed coal bunker wouldn't buy me a birdhouse down there,and I would only miss the gloomy grey pennine weather and end up in Tangling Lines every week annoying all the northern angling folks with my tales of easy giants.
Monk I sense an air of awkwardness about your post so I will ignore it like all the angling papers ignore northern fisheries .

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Gav, the house prices are so high down south to stop the northerners moving down then moaning about how much better it was "t'upp north".

W

Wolfman Woody

I'll rent you a bird house if you like.

It'll stop you moaning all the time.

:eek:)

Morespiders

Reaction score
Gav, Woody didnt move down there on purpose, the judge exiled him there for his sins and easy fishing.Serves him right anyway he's in league with the Bone Collector, all this evil talk of days gone by, no good will come of it all ,youl'l see.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
I didn't see many pie shops Miths until they start providing them us northners will refrain from emptying your waters.
Send me to Coventry if you like Woody but theres still some nice fish so I will still propably end up on the front pages every week.This is not moaning Woody I would have put my dentist thread up if I wanted a good moan then you would have had cause for complaint.
Spiders I can see those littlle horns hes hiding under his baseball cap whats up with a flat cap lad or are you hiding your whippet keeping ,pigeon fancying past from the posh folk.
Have any of you chaps read the paper this act of northern treason was aided and abetted by FM members.

G

Gary Knowles

Gav,

I assume this was aimed at me.

The piece that I put forward covered both the Great Ouse (as I fished there last month) AND chub fishing on the River ribble, which last time I visited it, was in the North-West.

AND it covered chub caught at the recent FM fish-in.

"I know this maybe a bit picky but is this northern europe angler paper or am I completely rubbish at geography?"...the answer is in the question !!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Gav, stop whinging and yes you're completely rubbish at geography.

Try buying a Northern "England" fishing paper ;-)))))))

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Gary nothing personal I just expected to read about northern waters in a northern paper and lets be honest the Ouse article did take up most of the two pages.Are the writers for the paper not encouraged to write about waters up here or do the clubs not want there waters in the papers or is it that it just dosen't sell papers?
Sir Steve I shall study my atlas tonight and do lines for being so stupid to believe I might get some local info .And you know it's got the look and feel of AT ,it even gets a plug in for diamondite baits.

T

The Monk

Monk I sense an air of awkwardness about your post so I will ignore it like all the angling papers ignore northern fisheries .

An an air of awkwardness is my middle name Gav, I am of course a Northen Lad born and dragged up in the industrial denizens of Mankyland after all!

W

Wolfman Woody

Sorry Gav, I didn't know you were into pigeon fancying as well. We only have wild woodpigeons and collared doves down here.

They're nothing like the ones you specially breed up there to dress up in stockings and suspenders just to fancy them. "Coo-coo, how about it then little bird, eh?"

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Monk it is your right and duty to be a bloody awkward sod after all our rivers were cess pits not fish filled wonderlands like were that Woody character lives.
As it happens Woody a relation of mine is big on pigeons but the homing ones not them fancy southern doves ,I don't think a dove would have cut the mustard in the trenches do you?

T

The Monk

Monk it is your right and duty to be a bloody awkward sod after all our rivers were cess pits not fish filled wonderlands like were that Woody character lives.

very true Gav, the River Irk runs past the bottom of my garden, it was once reputted to be one of the dirtiest rivers in Northern Europe it now contains Rainbows and Brownie, its still no river Test of course, but its making the effort these days!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Do you still empty your chemical toilet into it Mr Monk ?

T

The Monk

no, I`ve just dug a deeper hole mate

Of interest, while walking the Pennine way a few years ago The way actually goes past the largest drop tppler toilet in the UK, it lioes between Rochdale (Blackstone hedge and pondon on the climb after the Todemorden Road walking North, the toilet which is not in use now, stands about 500 foot above the River Calder, quite an amazing sight!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
John the places mentioned in this northern paper are even less applicable for you living up there and it supposedly covers your region ,keep shouting about your project someone might listen eventually good luck with it anyway.
Monk the brooks and streams near me used to run all the colours in the rainbow when I was a kid due to a paint factory upstream even as kids it used to be gutting as we knew who the culprits were.Blackstone is a nice little walk monk up the supposedly Roman road ,I believe there is some doubt over that now.That motorway walkbridge is a little bit shaky for my likings though.