Skylarks Fishing Fortnight

I

Ian Cloke

The national charity Vitalise (formerly The Winged Fellowship) provide essential breaks for disabled people and their carers. At Vitalise we offer our guest independence and choice to enable them to take part in a range of activities and interests. Each Vitalise centre is a purpose built holiday centre with a range of daily activities and evening entertainment coupled with 24 hour nursing care. All the centres have bars and swimming pools and have a fun, friendly atmosphere. Further information is available on our website www.vitalise.org.uk
The Vitalise experience is made truly unique for our guests as we have 30 residential volunteers at each centre each week to compliment our permanent staff. The volunteers provide social, and limited physical, support for the guests and energy and enthusiasm in the centres. Our volunteers receive free food and accommodation and refunded travel expenses to the centre.

During the first two weeks of September 2007 Skylarks, In West Bridgford, Nottingham, is holding a 'Fishing Fortnight'. This is very popular with our guests and we are already fully booked for this week. We are currently looking for volunteers to be involved during this time. The volunteers will join us residentially for 1 or 2 weeks (Saturday to Saturday) , and fish alongside the guests. The itinerary for the weeks is as follows:-

2nd Sept - Janson Fishery
3rd Sept - Brampton Straight Mile
4th Sept - Lagoon, Lake View
5th Sept - Avon Pool, Makins
6th Sept - Springwood Fishery
7th Sept - Willow Lakes Foston
9th Sept - North Scarle Duck Farm
10th Sept - Brampton Straight Mile
11th Sept - Serpent, Lake View
12th Sept - Canal Lake, Portland Waters
13th Sept - Willow Lake Foston

After a days fishing there will be evening entertainment and prizes at the end of the week. These weeks offer volunteers the opportunity to make friends, have fun, and really help others enjoy their holiday.

If there are any members of your group who may be interested in this opportunity I can be contacted direct on 0115 9824921 or email on Jhewitt@vitalise.org.uk. Should you require any further information on the range of team building, volunteering opportunities or fund raising we can offer I am always available to come and speak to groups about the work we do at Vitalise.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Juliette Hewitt
Volunteer Recruitment Officer
Vitalise