Preston Innovations X Box

pete proctor

Reaction score
Got to get myself one of these. I've got a decent box now, well it was a decent box until the lid split and the padding fell out and the hinge broke on the main compartment.

Looked at all the boxes and and this one loks best but I think I'll go for the X3 as that will probbably hold everything I take with me. love the cassette footplate and that its non slip, nearly went a*se over t*t many a time on my old one. Just need to save another ?50 and I'm there.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Pete, you may be able to get one ?50.00 cheaper than the RRP so you could have enough right now. Have a browse round the tackle web sites.

Terry Harvey

Reaction score
My biggest complante(and the cost of cource) is they seem to be targeting pole fishing ownly, guys like me don't want drawers fit for pole rigs we want drawers that have little compartments to keep all our little things that we never use sepperated.

PAUL DOLING

Reaction score
I got me the x6 its everthing and more i wanted in a seat box well done preston.

W

Wolfman Woody

You might have overlooked a very good point about this box, Graham.

I have looked at one very carefully, sat on it and stood on the footplate. That's the remarkable thing, when you stand on the footplate, the whole box and footplate stay rigid! With other boxes if you do that, they tend to fold up, the box falling forward to hit you behind the legs.

Why someone else hasn't thought of a sliding and locking footplate before now I do not know. The comfort and confidence it gives you when you go to sit down or stand on them is tremendous. I'm just hoping for a decent enough win on the Lotto now.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out about the cassette footplate Jeff. I had noticed that about it but forgot to mention it in the review. I've added it now; it is, as you say, a very good point.

Malcolm Walker

Reaction score
Thanks for all that info, have been looking at seat boxes for a while now.I will have to have on of these for me birthday prezy, from me to me.

glenn melsome

Reaction score
yes this is a very good point the price. if takle shops had the same way of shoping as the argos card. you would have it already. i think takle shops need to look at this very closely. or argos need to be doing a lot more takle in all areas. take for instance i bouht £480 pounds of takle on have now pay later i have 9mth befor i pay intrest then it goes on h.p terms but if i pay this of before then i pay no interest.

Ian mclaren

Reaction score
just bought an x6 best box i have had, far superior to my old kiley box two small niggles the dividers in the deep draws are fixed i would rather have them moveable and the srap is not removeable

Malcolm Walker

Reaction score
I have just returned from my first fishing trip with the preston x6 box, brill, the only faultI found is the strap is not long enough and with the weight of the footplate on the front of the box it is out of balance when carying on your shoulder. But that is the only fault I found, otherwise excelent. Now I suppose I will have to buy a barrow.

Peter Coulton

Reaction score
At the age of 50 bought my 1st new box theX3 - £269 & the tackle dealer includes £30 of add on's, because it was also my birthday he threw in another £30 worth, I chosesliding bait trays, arm for keepnet, brolley holder, long arm for wind sock & pole holder wind sock - already have pole rest to fit.

There are cheaper models but value for money this was the one.