AnglingDirect.co.uk Shambles

Carpless

Reaction score
This Morning I got a bulk order from AnglingDirect.co.uk which contained half the stuff i ordered. The rest was cheaper alternatives to what I had ordered. The cheap rod/real deal I bought for my cousin to use tomorrow is a seperate different rod and seperate different reel. They don't fit each other so i'll have to let him use my cheapest freespool, which ain't cheap. Neon blue artificial corn instead of norm non-neon yellow stuff. Crap rear rod rest for pleasure fishing when I need the fox U rest I ordered. (They also left the cheaper price on the back of that one. lol)

What is it with these people? They see the cheap rod/reel and think 'ah, he's none the wiser. Time for a con'.

Whatever they were thinking I suggest you stay away. Stick to your local tackle dealer or a decent site. Speaking of does anyone know of a decent site which is laid out well and at competetive prices?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

<------------- just look there

There is a list of tackle dealers

Carpless

Reaction score
Lol. I don't know how on earth I missed that. Cheers Ed. Anyone used easytackle.com before?

Waveney One

Reaction score
If they haven't sent a note explaining why they made the substitutions and advising you that they take them back if you don't want them. I'd send back all the crud you didn't order and tell them you will be writing to your card issuer complaining about the way they have treated you. It's like asking for a burger at MacDonuts and getting a milkshake. Would you pay for it? No you wouldn't!

W

Wolfman Woody

"What is it with these people? They see the cheap rod/reel and think 'ah, he's none the wiser. Time for a con'."

I don't think so, or rather, I hope not.

I've had a couple of really good deals from them. Goods spot on and quick delivery.

Phone them and explain <u>(nicely)</u> that what you ordered is not what you got and that you are most dissatisfied. Tell them that you are on the most popular angler's forum in GB asking advice on this. Bet you get it sorted or goods collected and a full credit.

Carpless

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe i was a little judgemental. The explantation offered by them is that they try to get the tackle out for peoples deadlines, which they did, and have to replace stuff that isn't in stock. Ive also had some good deals from them before with fast, cheap delivery. Its just quite a shock when you wake up with a box at your door with items in it that you didn't really want. They have however offered, very kindly, to let me hold onto the incorrect items and they will send the correct ones to me when they get them in, free of charge. I have to admit that customer support is top knotch. Just wished they'd notified me before they sent alternate tackle out.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Can't even find a website for them .......

If you google AnglingDirect.co.uk --- CarpFishingdirect comes up -- is that it ??

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
In fairness that doesnt sound like bad service considering their low prices. I still think local tackle shops are your best bet, even if they cost a little more.
You can walk out with what you want, when you want it and if theres anything they dont have in stock you can 'asses' the alternatives before hand.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I have ordered from them several times, and when a substitution has been made it has always been in my favour. I ordered a ?26.99 landing net and they replaced it with a ?70.00 one, I was more than happy, they have never let me down and deliver on time. I have no complaints.

Carpless

Reaction score
Yeah definately. Just a morning irritation that made me post. Kind of wish i'd waited now.

W

Wolfman Woody

I just placed a little order with Harris and they include a line of text for any messages to be attached to the order, so I wrote "No substitutions please". I wish more seller's sites would allow this.

Some years ago I ordered from one shop a little wand of a feeder rod, cost about ?50 and made by Browning. Got an apologetic phone call, the last one they had in stock was damaged and would I accept a Shimano model retailing at over ?100. You know what my answer was?

Carpless

Reaction score
yeah after looking at the prices the rod reel combo i got was worth ?55. Only paid ?30

L

Laurie Harper

There's a good reason why prices on some of these sites seem too good to be true. They are... You usually get what you pay for.

Carpless

Reaction score
Just to let you all know i never recieved the items they promised to send me and upon e-mailing them to ask them to send it out with my latest order they simply ignored it and sent out my new batch of items which also had incorrect items in there. The Fox explorer 2oz leads i ordered came to me as 4oz leads, i can't use these. The small compressor stick i ordered was instead a big one but i managed to find some positive in this. I don't know whether anyone noticed this before but when you buy the korda boilie funnel PVA system you get the outer plastic tube to protect it. That outer tube is exactly the same size as the normal pva funnel system so its like buying 2 in 1 provided you have something to store it in to protect the pva. I simply got some bigger refills and put them round the outer tube... Still need a small compressor stick tho. Anywho I wont be using their service again and I urge you not to either.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Still the local tackle shop for me lad's and lass'es.

I know you can get some good deals, but you don't get the same service, look at poor poult , wrong gear and you can't take it back to change the same day.

If you use the local shop many will do a deal anyway so sometime's you save nothing.

Hope all works out well poult.

W

Wolfman Woody

Since leaving the other posts on here I have placed an order with Angling Direct.

I searched their site and must admit I was a little confused by the wording for the items. They were Nash Ballbusters on chains and the description of the extra weights lead me to believe the packs contained three separate weights. The weights were actually charged separately, but I wasn't bothered as I only wanted one weight for each hanger.

I found this out by phoning them and spoke to one of the guys. He went around and checked the stock. On hearing about the weights situation he thanked me for bringing it to his attention and agreed to send the order POST FREE. It was only a small order (?23) but that saved me ?4.50

Thank you Angling Direct.

Carpless

Reaction score
Yeah they do give you support but the items they offered to me they must have forgot about and then when i reminded them they simply ignored me. I even asked them when I made that second order to inform me before they replaced items which they also ignored. I am still in education and can't afford to replace all the wrong equipment they send me and my local tackle shop is over priced. korda boilie funnel at ?13.99!!! Bit of plastic and PVA for ?13.99!

That was very helpful of them to give you free delivery Woody but it's them making up for mistakes that shouldn't have been made in the first place. When I bought my X-pod kit I dished out ?125 to get what I thought would be an x-pod plus due to the paragraph within the description describing the extendable legs. When it arrived and it wasn't i went back online and couldn't believe I had made that mistake. The image and product description on the fox website would clearly tell me it was an x-pod and not the plus but the lazyness of the staff at Angling Direct had meant I was fooled into believing otherwise. Unfortunately my experiences have just left me looking elsewhere to do business. Speaking of has anyone had any success with www.FishingWarehouseshop.co.uk ? Pretty good deals it seems.

Hope your future purchases at Angling Direct go without a hitch also Woody.

Carpless

Reaction score
oh and poingdestres. Anyone used that? They have the 3 items i want at great prices... Any good?