The Alternative Angler ? Rod Rage Part 2

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS Kevin - 200 Articles is indeed a milestone to be very proud of.

I for one really look forward to Friday in the knowledge that there will be a good number of smiles to be had from your contributions.

Well done, and Thank You!

W

Wolfman Woody

The incredible thing is, when you meet him Kevin seems like any other sane, rational, lucid person and yet almost each week he writes such utter twaddle that makes absolute sense and is hilarious with it.

It's just as well he has a keyboard and PC to compose these meanderings with because where he is, they're not normally allowed sharp instruments. Make sure the nurses look after you Kevin and keep up the writing.

"FM is lucky to have a number of regular contributors, whose articles are both informative and intelligently written."

You might say that, I couldn't possibly comment.

C

Clive Evans 1

Words of wisdom. A window on the world of fisherman's woe. The angler wends his weary way.
Wisely noted and wonderfully written.

What a wondrous thing is a W.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Yet another wonderfully written piece of humour and so very true to life for some of us forgetful types! Ahem!

One thing worries me though Kevin, having been through that stage for a number of years now, is there worse to come? Will I turn up at Barford Lakes and wonder where all the FMsters are only to realise I should be at Clattercote? Will I enquire of a fellow angler on the bank why there is no flow on the river today and be told that the Grand Union doesn't normally have any pace on it?

This creeping forgetfulness could frighten a body you know!

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Great article Kevin.

One which i can fully relate to being the owner of the worlds worst memory. The tales of my memory lapses are legion in my family and fishing circles.so keep writing and entertaining us Keith er Ken er Konrad er Kelvin oops i mean Kevin.

G

Ged

Fantastic again Kevin.
Been there, done it and left him whilst I went fishing.
I never would have thought that you are 200.

Andyw

Reaction score
Kev,

I hope you won't be offended if I don't go back and read ALL of your articles!! ;-p Just haven't the time!!

I'll take evryones word for it that they're good!! Mind you the ones I've read since joining have been top class!!

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Well thank you all, I'm blushing as I write this....! And all being well, I'll continue to churn out waffle up to the low standard you are prepared to accept from me.

Does strike me as strange though, that there are some on here that have posted hundreds, probably thousands of words on the forums over the years, but never got round to writing a single article. Hmmm...

Woody

The nurses gave me plastic scissors and old newspapers to cut up and that's how I make up my articles. I'm not allowed glue to stick the cuttings onto the paper, so I have to improvise....

Graham

Was it you that suggested name badges at the Fish-ins? If so, bloody good idea, and if Mr. Marsbar sends me a copy of the FM logo I'll gladly make some up, I think that qualifies as occupational therapy, and it will make a change from weaving baskets.

Also it will save any embarasment at Clattercote as I'm on a promise with Wenderella and with all those people milling around dressed in camou gear I would hate to grab the wrong one.....

T

The Monk

Fantastic Kev and 200 up, I`ve only written about 150 in my entire life, well if written is the right word that is? Looking forward to the next 200 mate!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Kevin,

Well done.

Re the name badges, I have some plastic holders I could contribute.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Nigel

Tell me what size card inserts fit your holders and the job is as good as done

Cheers

Kevin

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Graham

Not just me, I've sent
Row 3 [RS]: Work 16[19, 22] sts in patt as set using MC, k14[16, 18] using CC1, work in MC to end.
over to Bletchley Park for the boys there to run through the Enigma machine, but I've not heard anything yet.

And apart from that, where I am, I'm not allowed sharp pointy things like knitting needles, anyway........

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Hmmm... Indeed

"Does strike me as strange though, that there are some on here that have posted hundreds, probably thousands of words on the forums over the years, but never got round to writing a single article. Hmmm..."