Any Edinburgh Coarse Fishers??

Reaction score
I think you'll find that the words coarse and Edinburgh have never, ever been conjoined in the English Language. If the residents of Morningside find out you'll be lynched young man...probably just before afternoon petits fours. (In Glasgow they have afternoons on all fours...but that is a different story!)

The Bone Collector

Reaction score
Thirty years or so ago I used to fish at a place called Danskin Loch. Not exactly on your doorstep yet not a million miles away.

It used to contain a good head of wildies of a good size and they went like trains on 8lb line and a nice actioned Avon rod.

The loch contained Tench Roach and Perch as well as the Carp.

It is situated in East Lothian a couple of miles from Gifford near Haddington.

The carp I believe may have come from a nearby Monastery where the monks had stew ponds and were bred for the table.

If its not too far for you I would certainly pay it a visit. Its off the beaten track and those fish may still be there

Good Luck, BC.

K

keith reid

i know the water of leith is stoicked by the council and does produce good sized trout ( the ones th\at aren't caught within a week of stocking)

I

Ian Morgan

James,

Danskine Loch run by Scottish Carp Society (recently restocked).

Best site for Scottish Coarse fishing waters is Fish Scotland [coarse] - www.fishcoarse.co.uk - very comprehensive.

Ian