Hi Guys

dangermouse

Reaction score
I`ve been lurking for about 6 months and enjoyed reading the chat and advice so I thought I`d join and introduce myself.

I`m Neil and I started fishing again this year after about a 20 year break. I`ve done most of my fishing this year on the South Yorks Navigation, some on the Don and a few trips to Ferryboat fisheries.

I mainly float fish but I have done some legering for the first time this year. I`m usually happy enough catching whatever`s there but on occasion I`ll try and target the bigger fish.

gingerbeard

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

From one returning angler to another, I hope you're having better luck than me. Most of the fish around here seem to have disappeared during the past 12 years that my fishing gear has been gathering dust in the garage.

So much has changed, pellets, pva bags, multi tip feeder rods!

dangermouse

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

From one returning angler to another, I hope you're having better luck than me. Most of the fish around here seem to have disappeared during the past 12 years that my fishing gear has been gathering dust in the garage.

So much has changed, pellets, pva bags, multi tip feeder rods!

Hi. I`ve actually done ok, just one blank this year iirc. Some days harder than others but that`s always the way. I`ve been quite lucky though, on my second outing I started chatting with a guy who was fishing and ended up joining him for the day. We`ve ended up becoming friends and he`s given me a fair bit of advice, helped me out with a few bits of tackle, and sold me a couple of rods.

But yeah I know what you mean about things changing. I`d never heard of anyone fishing pellets and some of the rigs seem amazingly complicated.