think i messed up?????

G

Graham Ashby

well there i was being nice to the wife for a change and with her help booked a boating holiday on the broads from the middle of may for a fortnight . a few mins later i rememberd no blinkin fishing !!!!! aaaarrgh its a bloomin river int it, what was i doing ..so can someone advise me of what can i fish for during the river close season??? please .as i cant last a fortnight without trying to drown me bait....

P

Paul Williams

You will have to check the local bylaws mate, probably eel?.....but i would recce it out for a return the following year, after making sure there was very little reference to fishing and ensuring the beloved has the perfect holiday and insists you return!!.....obviously a week or three later!

S

Stewart Moss

Graham, what about finding out the nearest stillwater fishery to the broads?
eg I think there are some small pits at Martham (on the Thurne), literally 20 yards from the river.
Presumably they are open all year, but you'd have to get hold of someone local to check & see if daytickets available etc.

Incidentally I've had a few boating hols on the Broads, absolutely 1st class and I'd recommend them to anyone...

P

paul clarke

just forge a letter from the holiday people stating that they have overbooked and that you'll have to re-book for the middle of june.......and then say to the missus that it was a stroke of luck as the weather predictions for may were terrible but june , at least from the 15th onwards , is meant to be a belter !!!!

G

Graham Ashby

thanks all i think the local fishery idea is the best she would know that the overbooking line was dodgy .... deffo will have a good reccy tho .. according to the great god JOHN WILSON them there broads a re full o big fish , thinks "fishing for trout is ok isnt it"??? ..i will only take a couple of whips for fun so looks like an internet search is in the offing ..

G

Gerry Castles

Fritton Lake off the B1136 near St Olaves. Rowing boats available, check details on 01493 488288. Also get a copy of John Wilson's 'Where To Fish in Norfolk and Suffolk' It'a all in there. Harris Angling have the book, probably Amazon.co.uk too.

C

Cakey

I can reccomend Fritton lake ,good fishing and a real good falconry display.