John Ledger

I

Ian Cloke

I have just spoken to Steve (son of John) and he has asked me to post about where & when John's ashes will be spread.

This coming Friday, 30th April, Steven invites all FM members to say farewell to John at Haxey Gate Bridge, the River Idle was one of John's favourite fishing venues. People wishing to say farewell to John are asked to meet in the public house car park at 2.30 pm, with a view to casting John's ashes on the river at 3 pm.

Fore those who want to use a route finder, the address is:-
The Haxey Gate Inn
Haxey Road
Misterton
Nr. Doncaster
Nottinghamshire
DN10 4BA
Phone: 01427 890746

I

Ian Cloke

Thanks for pointing the ate error out Mick, I asked my wife to look on the calendar, and she shouted out the wrong date!!

T

The Monk

No I can`t make it either, hope everything goes well, I`m sure John will be looking down,

probably cursing, wrong swim, wrong swim!!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

There is one swim I think we must put him in, it was his favourite along that stretch.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Sorry but will not be able to make it. Will have a moments silence at 3pm though to remember a man who went out of his way to be helpful.

I

Ian Cloke

Will you be there Wendy? I know you & John had a bit of a rapport on FM :)

MarT

Reaction score
Sorry, wish I could be there.
But I will be thinking of him.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly I will be in a meeting in Walton on Thames on Friday, so there is no chance of joining other FM regulars there.

I would have loved to have been there as I never met John, but after so many e-mails I can almost believe that I had.

R.I.P. and Tight Lines John.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I can't be there on friday, but my thoughts will be.

I've missed you my friend, I keep expecting you to pop up on "our" threads ;-)

Rest in peace John.

J

Jeff Spiller

I knew John through FM and I won't be able to come, but may I send my best wishes to John's family.
Ron's got the right idea.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
I will be thinking of John, and the very apt location chosen for his ashes in silence at 3pm on Friday. Like many I never met John, but felt I knew him.

captain carrott

Reaction score
unfortunately a 12 hour shift for me so no fishing but he will be in my thoughts.