Scum on the Ribble tonight

filynet

Reaction score
Had a wander up the Ribble tonight here is what I found.

While taking these photo's I was under fire from a air pistol/rifle.

Sorry guy's cannot figure out how to get photo's on?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

you have to put photos in the gallery section and then put a link to them on here

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
We all know the location. I have watched people trying to set fire to the trees here. The number of people wlking around with air rifles is unbelivable.

Its free fishing though. But go with a bodygaurd.

filynet

Reaction score
Bryan,
I am afraid it is not the free fishing area you think it is at all it is part of my area as bailiff!!!!

Maverick

Reaction score
I too know the area (or at least i think i do - despite what my profile says) as i live and work up there during the week, and with the notorious housing estates nearby it comes as no suprise to see people fishing there in the close season.

Good on you for taking the pics, though it'd be a brave man from the EA who approaches a large group like that on his own. Sadly, unless you fancy a swim, I think the EA would need to go mob handed to challenge and sort these "people" out, but the chances of that happening are probably slim. As frustrating as it is I don't think there's much we as anglers can do about such people without compromising our personal safety.

mick boswell

Reaction score
I was out legitematly with an air rifle one evening when I was challenged by armed officers from West Mercia police. It seems the Greenkeeper from the neighbouring golfcourse told the Police that I could be seen racking the bolt back and forth on the rifle after taking shots at traffic???

Next time a little embelishment of the facts might get a swifter and more harsh response?

Morespiders

Reaction score
Very true,ring the police and tell them you and your children were fired at you dont have to leave your name. where are AQuaeda when you want them?.

W

Wolfman Woody

There's a number printed on the back of every rod licence - 0800 80 70 60

Phone it to report the incident and take the person's name that you speak to. The EA should be able to mount an operation, if not immediately, in the future to catch these airosols and your photo's can make good evidence for a conviction.

G

Gary Knowles

Red scar and Melling are both like beruit these days. and is why I fish the ribble less and less each year.

Winter is bad but in summer its beyond a joke...

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Phil it?s time to have a conversation with Duncan me thinks!
Air guns in a SSSI?
Give me a ring if you want. Might have just a few ideas for you ;0)
Check previous e-mails for his phone number.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
It had to be one or the other. Looks like a quite day for there mate. The usual summer crowd not arrived yet.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

I'd have phoned the police and told them I was being shot at