The Angling Catwalk...

Andyw

Reaction score
I was just reading through a few mags n stuff... Something struck me...

Why, in angling, is the image so important... In that I mean all the "mossy oak" various camo stuff... It makes me giggle... I have a mental image of a couple of anglers

"Oh lovely camo trousers Reg"

"I know gorgeous, lovely weave, brings out my eyes!! Love the boots Raymond"

I don't know about you lot but I end up muddy as you like, I know you pay for quality, but does it really matter what you look like? As long as you are warm n dry..... and catching!!

I'd rather catch fish than look a million dollars on some secluded lake somewhere!! What is the fascination??

(any names contained herein are pure ficticious, any ressembles to anyone on FM is purely coincedental) Well at least until after my first fish in, then I can substitute any names for real people!! ;-p

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Why pay extra for camo???

Just roll round in the mud---same effect

They even have camo boots --How ridiculous is that ??

W

Wolfman Woody

Here's the extreme -

Camo bedchair under a camo quilt! Who sees that?

Camo alarms! Are they fish that good a seeing?

Camo cigarette lighter case! Well, you never know when you might have to give a carp a light.

P

paul williams 2

I like the camo Tshirts tho.....they hide all sorts of stains!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Just being devils advocate here, but why not? It certainly won't scare the fish or wildlife off, unlike some of teh brighter clothing that some anglers wear.

G

Ged

i that a tree I see before me? NO, it's CAMO man.
A walking tree can easily spook fish as well!

T

trev matthews

What makes us seen ? Shape Shadow Shine Sillouette and Movement camo clothing solves most of the shape but not the rest. I am all for wearing dull and natural colours but some of the cam stuff nowadays is just ridiculous, catches more anglers than fish. Someone asked what next : thats simple camo boilies

C

Cakey

well sorry I disagree .....I see worse sights everyday walking down the high st than a bit of camo

G

Ged

A walking tree has scared a lot of motorists. According to their insurance claims forms.

C

Cakey

no Ed we leave early tomorrow so Im Red Soxing it tonight.........if I can find it

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

It's not on till 1am and Dice-K is pitching tonight