BBC badmouth anglers!!!

E

Evan

That is bad.

Really bad.

Especially when you consider that angling is one of the few sporting activities well able to be enjoyed by the disabled and the widespread efforts being made at fisheries all over the place to provide disabled access, car standings, large flat secure bank areas etc etc etc......

Buggers. Next time some BBC arse claims that there is not an institution wide anti angling bias I shall remember this one.

PS. Been to look at the site, (and it is certainly strong on dark humour) but couldn't find this on it. Has it been deleted / removed ? Or have I just missed it through normal incompetence....

I

Ian Cloke

Evan, the original comment :-

1. Fishability
If you are of a mind to disable or kill some fish, you will be delighted to hear that your own disability may work in your favour when obtaining the necessary documents. From 2007, those of you who are in receipt of DLA are entitled to a half price angling licence.

The replacement comment :-

1. Fishability
If you are of a mind to hook some fish out of water, hold them for a bit, take a photo, and then throw them back, you will be delighted to hear that your own disability may work in your favour when obtaining the necessary documents. From 2007, those of you who are in receipt of DLA are entitled to a half price angling licence.

Both of the above comments put anglers in a bad light, in my opinion, and are not aimed entirely at disabled anglers, but anglers as a whole!!