Come to Ireland with Leisure Angling

Paul C

Reaction score
Most fishing ads play on the romance and mystery of fishing a wild beautiful lake with the place to yourself.

This is the strangest ad I've read. I love the place, but it hardly sets the scence for me to get my credit card out?

Drink driving warnings, noisy pubs and aaarghhhh.....getting up at DAWN if you want to actually catch some fish!!!!!

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Absolutely right Paul a really strange pitch at English anglers.

Perhaps it says something about the fishing these days that fish hardly get a mention! Beer,drink driving and the craic staying in pubs is all that remains now.

Big bags of Bream and misty lakes full of hard fighting tench don't even get a mention.

I am not sure Leisure Angling would have posted such an Ad in Dave Houghtons days running the company.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

With due respect it does also say about the pub scene:

Not For Everyone !!

The pub scene is great socially and the standards of accommodation are good, but it isn't really going to suit anglers who are serious about catching lots of fish and want to be up about around dawn.

and goes on to say:

there are plenty who prefer staying in a small farmhouse or guesthouse and all they need after fishing is an evening meal, a couple of pints and then bed.

They are just pointing out that ALL types are catered for

Paul C

Reaction score
Anyone would think you are still on commission...... :)