Best Budget Bivvy

Cltheob135

Reaction score
With Christmas coming my son would like a Bivvy, can you guys suggest a decent Bivvy for around 150 pounds

BarryC

Reaction score
Well as nobody else has replied.
I bought my first bivvy last year so have nothing to compare it with.
Its a JRC Contact single person. I only wanted a small one for occasional nights in summer and it did all I wanted of it this year.
I beleive they can be had at around £100 but got mine off ebay as new for £50.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
when does he intend to use it - all year - then he will need an overwrap to stay warm - in summer - then don't bother with the over wrap

and check how easy it is to put up and pack away - have you a local decent sized tackle shop you can visit?

David Rogers 3

Reaction score
Another vote for the JRC Contact. I spent last weekend in it and it kept out the rain and wind on Friday night a treat. Some slight condensation was experienced, due to it being a single skin (although you can now get an overwrap for it), but nothing too serious.

Extremely good value for money, I reckon.

rudd enthusiast

Reaction score
Got a chub s max plus with overwrap which I have given intense useage this season and it has not let me down. I only got the overwrap a couple of months ago, but without it it is well in your price range.

It is versatile as the front can be totally removed to create a brolly effect and it has protected me from some truly horrible weather since last march when I got it right up till a couple of weeks ago when it iced solid.