Nice Brownie!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Good fish that Wendy, worth a rainbow of twice its weight.

But don't wade without a wading stick (reference another thread)! Don't want to lose you down a deep hole.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Thank you Graham, i'm loving this fly fishing the rivers! To watch the fish jump out of the water is an awesome experience, i just giggled haha.

Yes i will get myself a stick, i'm going again this weekend, so lets see what i get this time. :)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice fish Wendy, well done.
My view is that one wild natural fish from a river is worth more than a dozen 'stockies' from a commercial

As to wading

Here is what Glenn Law (A Concise history of Fly fishing) has to say about it:

On the beats of the Hampshire streams, the anglers even today fish to rising fish. Fishing the water is thought less than civilized. Getting in the water is deemed equally as boorish. Carefully manicured, the chalkstreams are absolutely never waded; rather, rising fish are fished from the bank once they have been observed feeding on the surface. The dry fly is used preferentially ? even today it is a more aristocratic approach ? and only when that brings no result is the upstream nymph brought into play
:)

That noted, get yourself a good set of chest waders (or do Ladies call them somethig else?) and seriously don't venture into any river without a Wading Stick.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Peter i have some chest waders (i like to call it my rubber outfit) :) but once i feel the water at bottom level i get scared, so i get out and try somewhere else.

W

Wolfman Woody

"i like to call it my rubber outfit"

Who wants to see Wendy in her rubber outfit then?

Nice one Wenderella, from t'Tame I s'pect.

Y

yoggy

Nice one Wendy. I`m out on a really wild Norfolk river next week. Well actually its more of a small brook!.Real Mr Crabtree style!!!!.My first session after Brownies for a long time.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Go for it yoggy, it's an awesome experience catching the wild ones. I was giggling like a child when they jumped.

I'm off again now to hopefully catch some more!

Y

yoggy

Wendy,I`m really looking forward to it. I really enjoy flyfishing. I just wish I could find the time and money to do alot more.Maybe in a few years I`ll concentrate soley on flyfishing.

The river where I`m going featured in quite a few of the John Wilson Go-Fishing programmes [Narr].I`ve been invited as a guest as the stretch is private.....unfortunately!!.

All the best for the rest of the season.