SHAME ON YOU! The EA Clamp-down on Illegal Anglers

paddy timms

Reaction score
sir i think anybody caught fishing without a licence should be fined ?500 plus cost and banned from fishing for two years or have their fishing tackle taken away and action of.

T

The Monk

so ?50 and ?70 fines,. probably not worth buying a licence then, just save it up and put it towards the fine, if and when it may happen?

W

Wolfman Woody

They aught to call out the SO19 squad and execute the offenders on the bank where they stand.

T

trev matthews

In Germany if you get caught without a licence you get your kit instantly confiscated. I expect that the majority of todays anglers who have spent hundreds of pounds on kit would not jepordise their kit for the cost of a licence. However if you only have a handline or a small/cheap rod then its still worthwhile fishing without a licence. Name and shame in the angling press anyone who gets caught. The local newspapers publish lists of people who have been in court so why dont the anglers mail and times etc.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Banning any 'angler' from fishing/holding a license is a waste of time and of EA's recourses.
There is an 'angler in the North East of England who has been banned from holding a rod license 'till 2009, but he's fished all through that time. He even posts photographs on web sites. I banned him from my club forum board and sent his photos to the EA, but he's still bragging on other boards.
Guy's like him should be locked up for a few years at Her Majesty's Pleasure

Rob Cullen

Reaction score
i agree there should be some sort of penalty,but what some of you have said is way over the top,for a start you dont know the circumstances of all these people. secondly,those of them who simply cant be arsed to buy a licsense,are probably not true dedicated anglers,and therefore it shouldnt be long before they`re kicked off day ticket waters for breaking some fishery rule of some sort.just keep watchin your own float boys,peace.

W

Wolfman Woody

"Guy's like him should be locked up for a few years at Her Majesty's Pleasure"

No John. Just shot where they stand.

Is that "over the top"? Maybe, but good fun though and it's acts as a deterent to others. You'd only have to do one or two.

njb51

Reaction score
"just keep watchin your own float boys"

Wouldn't say that if it your own water would ya?

J

The guy in the NE was a persistent 'snatcher'. Some of these 'anglers' can make ?1000's in a week from illegal fishing.

Just one gang on the Tyne had 50% of the total rod caught salmon from the river in one year. Given the Tyne is the best salmon river in England and Wales that's some fish.

Then we have the barbel/chub that are 'accidentally' taken by the snatchers, not many survive.

I would agree with the shooting Woody

Rob Cullen

Reaction score
well i dont have the pleasure of owning my own water so it doesn`t apply jonny. fish some where remote if you dont like it, like kazakhstan? im sure they all have licsenses there.listen,i dont even agree with the "rod licsense"but that doesn`t stop me buying one.ive never had the pleasure of any of the waters i fish benefitting from something the ea has done.ive been asked to produce once in the last 4 years and i get out a least 3 times a week!? load of boll@*ks if you ask me,just something else to tax. very good woody,ill remember to take my "9" in the morning.

Rob Cullen

Reaction score
john h ,are you trying to tell me the only people who steal fish are the ones without licsenses?. i dont mind saying it but.. i think you`ll find its mostly the polish. well it is in hampshire anyway.

D

david bruce 1

Six local anglers/poachers just successful prosecuted for no rod licences in Northwich Cheshire. Local paper this week.

J

Rob, think I'll go start an augment with the wife; just as pointless but it'll save the eye stain.

Rob Cullen

Reaction score
this thread was started about "no licenses" now its all about poachers and people stealing fish?wtf!? i dont think many poachers buy licenses. i think most of you who have replied to this thread need to join neighbour hood watch and get a few things off your chests,not everyone who`s younger than you is out to rob you,all that said,at the end of the day its up to your club to provide adequate security,what are you paying the money for? the point i was stressing was how can you fish efficiently whilst watching others?