kingslakes devon

keith clark

Reaction score
Hi All,just wondered if anyone here ever viited this complex?If so how did you get on & what baits.
Cheers

Blunderer

Reaction score
I have been twice about 10 years ago.

Accomodation is nice and lakes quite pretty.

The fishing can only be described as easy.

Things may have changed, but when I went there was a general carp lake near the caravans. Fishing with boilies you could get 100lb of carp, mainly 2-7lb, in a day, just keep baiting and they came. They would also take floaters.

The main carp lake had bigger fish, mainly 6-12lb. I think I had a couple at mid teens max. This lake was also easy and good fun with two rods and boilies. However, there was a stupid "no loose feeding" rule. the owner had this daft idea that boilies coloured up the water or something. I tell you what, it is so overstocked that nothing would stay untouched for more than 10 minutes in there. I baited anyway and caught lots of fish. Again, lots caught on floaters too.

The other lakes were a waste of time as they were simply packed with tiny fish. The tench lake was bizarre - the tench went into a feeding frenzy on floaters! 2-8oz tiddlers coming right up for them.

So, unless things have changed (and I guess those carp will be bigger now) it is an unchallenging, fun place. The sort of place a beginner can cut their teeth on carp fishing.

keith clark

Reaction score
Cheers Blunderer,was there at weekend & things dont seemed to have changed much in a few hours on carp lake my best was 6lb 2oz,tench lake best 1lb 12oz & mixed lake loads of small carp.Still really enjoyed the break & will definatly go back again.
Keith