More Field Boot Fun!

A

Andrew Webber

ok chaps, I've just bought some wychwood boots. Gonna christen them this weekend. The thing is I'm used to spending a lot of time in the water just because I've always worn wellies. When you went from wellies to field boots did it impact your fishing style very much? Landing and returning fish is the main thing I'm thinking about.

S

Steve Parsons

I looked at the wychwood boots in my local shop.I don't think you can stand in the water in them.

A

Andrew Webber

You can stand in about 2 inches of water I think (I hope!).

L

Len Foster

No, deffo not waterproof. I had a set of these, then got the Skee-Tex field boots. You can get into about 2/3 inches (waterproof)or upto about 4/5 inches (not too long though). The Skee-Tex are deffo a better boot, those Wynchwood feel mushy when walking.

Len.

L

Len Foster

Can you not take 'em back, as you have not used them- and pay the extra whatever for the Skee-Tex field boots or better still, the Skee-Tex wellie boots. The wellies have the same lining as the field boot, but are completely waterproof, as you'd expect from a wellie :)

Len.

M

matt ---

I've used the wychwood boots twice, had them submerged upto the laces with no leaks.