Dream Catcher

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Nice article, Kevin.

The Hants. Avon can be challenging, and has changed a great deal over the years. I've fished it many times, had many memorable days and plenty of forgettable ones, too, but it's nothing to be afraid of. Why not fish it just to say you've done it?

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Thanks Mark

The Avon has always been a 'one day' thing for me, but I am always afraid that if I went on my own I wouldn't have the first idea of what to do with the water in front of me. And there again, if someone was good enough to take me and put me in can't fail swim, I am quite sure that my qualified ineptitude would spoil what could have been a red-letter day (for both of us...!)

Perhaps it's a case of some things always being better imagined than realised.

Thinking back to Christine Brown in the 4th year at school, I used to imagine plenty about her, not so sure I would want to meet her now though........!!!!!

(And I'm sure she would probably think the same about me, maybe more so :eek:)

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Kevin - good as usual from you - I too think back to a couple of places I fished in my younger days (when I was about 10) - one was a pond in a farmers field (that held a moster pike - or so all the lads said - it was never seen let alone caught) that has now gone

The other was a small pond - still there, I keep thinking to go back just once for old tiems sake but haven't got round to it yet

ronbc5

Reaction score
On the large estate where I grew up as a kid it inevitably had its own lake free to fish because we lived on one of the farms, we used to shin up a big Oak and watch huge carp sunbath in the shallows, fish when we want and even wade out to the Islands ,make rafts which soon sank on launch. I have now returned to Fishing and went to visit the lake which upon arrival along the drive I learnt to ride a bike on is now surrounded with a 6' fence and all natural growth cut back by the syndicate that owns it. This article rings true some things are best left in the past, enjoyed it very much.