Gardner Tackle Nano Bugs

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
To anyone thats interested,

It's just a quickie, but has anyone owned/owns some Gardner Tackle Nano Bugs? if so, what are they like, and can you change the length of the cord?

Thanks for anyones help. CMM

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
Surely someone has bought in the past or still owns these little bobbins!?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
To anyone thats interested,

It's just a quickie, but has anyone owned/owns some Gardner Tackle Nano Bugs? if so, what are they like, and can you change the length of the cord?

Thanks for anyones help. CMM

I've got some but I'm not a carp angler so all I want from an indicator is that I can see it and that it goes up or down when I get a bite. They do all that perfectly well,are lightweight and quite neat. I like them though IMO they are as ridiculously over priced as all other indicators.

I've not tried it but the connector cap screws off so I dont see why you could not change the cord length. Replacing it completely is another matter...I've not yet really found anything that I consider totally suitable.The best I've come up with is stripping the lead out of some dodgy old leadcore and using the resulting hollow braid...but then I'm too tight to buy a spool of anything when I only want a couple of feet of material at best.

Bearing in mind I dont want or need anything fancy I knocked up some indicators along "bug" lines out of cut down fibretip pen barrels,cotton bud stems & a few beads & bits in my tackle box. Cost a fraction of the price of the Bugs,are lighter & go up & down equally well. Come in whatever colour you can nick from the kids pencil case too.

Last edited:

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
Thanks very much for answering my questions chaps. another question , just to rap it all up, What colour? White or Black nano bug?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
The black ones do look very cool but I wanted to be able to see mine so I got white ones but I still ended up painting them fluorescent red. I'm a bit fussy about indicator colours....I am old school and think they should stick out like sore thumbs. I dont need my rods colour coding to know which one to pick up because I dont do nights and I watch my indicators all the time.

Last edited:

terry m

Reaction score
Yes, considering that one of the prime functions of an indicator to to be visible, then it really has to be white.

laguna

Reaction score
The Nano Bugs have shed the excess weight of chain and metal fittings to weigh in at 3 grams (the original Micro bugs weighed approximately 6 grams).

I don't own any nanos but I personally think a heavier indicator will be less troublesome in windy conditions.

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
well thanks you for the helpp, just one thing, im a slack lines guy so bobbins would be in the floor, thus not being effected but any wind atall. happy angling CMM

Andrew Greensmith 2

Reaction score
I've been using white nano's for about a year now and they rule. If wind is an issue i drop the tips into the water and/or tighten the line so that the bobbin sits high on the blank. This hasn't been a problem for me at all.

I (like you) tend to fish pretty slack so i wanted a light weight, sensitive bobbin and the nano is spot on. You can replace the chain just like all the other similar style bobbins but i can't see a reason for doing that.

Andy