Where can I buy?

Lark

Reaction score
Do they still make the original die-cast aluminium version?
I thought they'd moved onto some multi-press plastic version.
Which sort are you after BC?

Lark

Reaction score
If it's the basic one you're after, e mail me your details and I'll stick one in the post this afternoon.
Most of the paint's missing off the outside but the blades, face and points are pristine.

W

Wolfman Woody

"Mine was lead."

Yon's illegal now, anyway.

I think Graham reviewed one not too long ago. Didn't reckon much to parts of it though, if I remember.

W

Wolfman Woody

Can't you find one down at the tip, BC, where your new screen came from?

I see your Ts are working now, as well.

The Bone Collector

Reaction score
Who said I want (fixed now, found a better one) it for bread?

PS Woody are Amstrad 2086's any good? Found a cracker in the pile.

F

Fred Bonney

Ah,crushed bonemeal,mixed with dried blood,after the snigs then.

W

Wolfman Woody

"PS Woody are Amstrad 2086's any good? Found a cracker in the pile."

Yes, they make the sweetest sound when hit by a 14lbs sledge hammer. Nothing to match them.

Used to make a fortune out of them boosting memory, they came with 512kb and I used to boost them to 1024 using the top end for special drivers etc. Also inserted proper disk drives 10 and 20 mb. Seems pathetic now, but they were the mutt's nuts back then.

I take it you found one with a COLOUR screen? Or was it the B/W? If so I can still supply you with a Hercules card, ?20 normally, free to you and it has a parallel port on it!

Back to topic lads......

The Bone Collector

Reaction score
My screen is black with vivid green text and I don't know what a parallel port is.

Can you walk into it like Stargate?

Did Lesney ever make a bigger model.

W

Wolfman Woody

"My screen is black with vivid green text"

You have a Hercules (or compatible) card already then because early Amstraddles had a colour card with a b/w screen. The parallel port aligns at an equal distance along its length to the serial port, hence its name.

And if you believe that .......

Always thought Lesney made Matchbox cars. I remember my dad buying one in 1954 when we were in Folkestone. Dad had entered me for the cross-channel swim. Not that I could, swim that is, but it was the easiest way he could think of getting rid of me.

Morespiders

Reaction score
I have a perfect Lesney bait press, I gave it a mate of mine about a year ago ,I will see if he still wants it ,cos he doesn't fish anymore, Yes Woody its the same company ,the bait press goes for about ?20 now.If i get it back Woody you can have it ,dont give it the BC though.