Bream fishing

Gareth Davies

Reaction score
Got tomorrow off work and fancy a day feeder fishing for bream, could anyone point me in the direction off any decent day ticket waters that hold a good head off bream. Im in the Doncaster area but dont mind travelling as we usually go to Ferry Meadows at Peterborough but fancy a change.
Cheers

Beecy

Reaction score
worsborough res, barnsley, just off M1 J36
(signposted 'worsborough mill museum' - i think!), head towards barnsley from J36 and you cant miss it on your left after a couple of miles, pub called 'button mill' oposite car park entrance

?3.50 day ticket + ?2.00 car park meter

a typical day would see you get loads of skimmers to 1lb, with four or five decent ones to 4lb, plus the odd 2lb carp or so, also some big roach.

I had a catch like this last saturday for about 40lb total, feeder fished at about 45/50 yards, pinkies and micro pellets in the GB, maggot on hook. I like the 'wall' side as this tends to be where the bream are, far side a bit shallower and carp can dominate.

Gareth Davies

Reaction score
Cheers Beecy, would you mind giving me a bit more info? Can you use keepnets,is it a long walk to the wall side(gonna take my old man), are the wall pegs obvious, can you use hemp, do you get tickets on the bank?

Beecy

Reaction score
you can use keep nets but not carp in them.

no bait bans

tickets on bank, and if your lucky bailiff wont come round on a monday !

from the car park its about 150 yards to the dam where you will be at the corner of the wall side and dam wall, all along one side is walled, with a nice flat stone causway along it to fish from (the wall behind you can be a bit off putting for casting at first, but you soon realise that your backswing clears the top of the wall.

the other side is fitted out with wooden staging, its quite a walk from the main car park, but you can park over that side at 'wigfield farm' for free if you like, but as i said, i prefer the wall side.

Beecy

Reaction score
from the carpark you walk along the path and cross the wooden bridge and up some steps to the dam, here you are at about peg 35, i like to walk abot half way down to pegs in the mid teens as the high numbers are a bit too deep for this time of year (best pegs in witer though)

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Gareth you are better off going to A1 pits.
If you fish pit 4 there is a massive head of bream averaging over 7lbs and going into low doubles. It is teeming with slabs and ton up bags are common.
Keepnets are banned now because some people were keeping 300lbs of fish in them for over 48 hours.
You can drive right behind most pegs so you can take the kitchen sink.
Tickets were ?5 a day or ?10 for 24 hours when I last fished there a year ago.