This is a photograph, not a painting

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They probably didn't use a weighing mat, either. Disgusting.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
My money is on these two:

killers.jpg

Smile please:

whale504x402.jpg

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I seem to remember some one catching a 2400lb GW on rod and line? Maybe in the Guiness Book of Records.......

I agree the perspective is favouring the shark as it seems to be in front of the cage...?

Either way its just a little big for me and only confirms my decision to never swim in the sea again-ever!!

mark knowles

Reaction score
If that's the cage then where's the photographer swimming?

There was a photograph in one of Trevor Houseby's books of a 29 footer harpooned off the Azores that's three feet longer than the model they used in the Jaws films.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Mark Knowles........very good point!

Probably in another cage or maybe he wasn't bothered and was just 'free' swimming....

I remember sitting on a beach in Durban many years ago watching loads of people swimming and splashing around quite happily (with the shark nets to protect them) but I could not enter the water-I just didn't look right......
Local friends told me that many locals also have those days when they won't go in, particularly if the nets have been up for removing the dead sharks!!

Philip

Reaction score
I seem to remember some one catching a 2400lb GW on rod and line? Maybe in the Guiness Book of Records.......

Nice Pic.

I have a hazy memory (not googled so I could be wrong..) that as a kid I had a 2664 pound great white caught by Alf Dean off Australia imprinted in my brain as the biggest fish ever landed on rod and line...