PELLETS, PVA & PHEROMONES:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Had a good day out today in the company of Claudia at Gold Valley.

We both had plenty of fish with Claudia using her PVA and Pheromones to very good affect. She eventually took pity on me and claimed "boredom of the method", changed tactics to chase the Roach, which allowed me to catch a few more Carp.

Excellent day out, good fishing, even better company and great conversation.

Some photos are on their way to the Gallery.

This girl can fish!

J

Jeff Spiller

Good stuff that PVA, not sure about the Pheromones, did she whoop ur ass Neil ?

P

paul williams 2

PVA????????....does that stand for Posterier vertically angled? ;)

Good method that! ;)

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Jeff

no I did not....Neil out fished me by loads but I didn't mind,(was great to watch him playing the carp on the pole) it was a great day, even though I almost lost one of my rods 3 times and I went for a swim..well almost one leg on the dry, one deep in the water knee high :-0....those carp shoot off like a steam train I can tell you, I'm sure they put steroids in the pellets lol

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Yes, I should have taken a photo. But, no I didn't!

Did give her a hand out though (even though we were both laughing a lot)!!

I did discover one of Claudia's secret methods though..........

....... "No bites??" Just attempt to light up a cigarette and watch the rod tip go!! Almost worth starting to smoke again!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Thanks for a great day Neil.....I'll definitely will be fishing gold valley again after my france trip....with proper gear lol...I ain't going for a swim again.....I did ask you to take a pic but you are too much of a gentleman I guess....it was funny though.

If fishing is always as hectic as today was I might as well give up smoking :-0

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
My pleasure Claudia.

Best of luck and tight lines in France (that'll be "proper" Carp fishing!)

C

Cakey

Well done all.....
Im just back from 5 days on a lake in Essex where I saw a funny sight...................one lost his rod at 10o/c AM he said he pulled it in and went for breakfast and when he came back gone !
then at 6 PM his mate had a run and when he stuck out came the rod complete with 18lb carp...............

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Cakey.. you let the cat out of the bag! That's it no-more for you!

Claudia and Neil sounds like you had a great day! Keep it up Claudia your doing us ladies proud.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Cakey, the guy a couple of swims to my right lost his rod to a carp. He was in a right state as it was his mates "best barbel rod". It's tip eventually surfaced out in the middle and after much casting (and swearing) they managed to retrieve it (no carp though).

When I worked there, it was a regular job to take the boat out and retrieve all the gear. We had a lengthy list of all the lost gear and retrieved most of it but fortunately very rarely found fish attached to it.

Here's some photos of some of Claudia's catch:
Typical Common

Typical Mirror

Nice Roach

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I named the mirror carp 'the warrior' looked like he already had a few battles in his life.....then there was Mr fsh...the fish without an 'i' lol...maybe had been foul hooked at one stage....that was my biggest roach, I reckon it was about 10oz....Neil being a gentleman as he is, wanted to make me feel good and said it was about 12 oz ;-)

Neil
You forgot to do the 'clicky' thing of the pic I put up of you and the lovely local family who turned up for dinner....

I don't know how to do the 'clicky' thing :-(

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Wend lil sis....it wasn't hard, as I was on an 8lb mainline,5lb hook length....didn't have 6lb line to re-spool :-(......maybe one day I'll be able to land some good size carp on lighter tackle....for now I still have lots to learn and loads of practising to do.

Cakester

How could you give our secret away.....sis you right, no more mail order of pheromones are to be send to cakester from now on ;-)

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
30lber lmao....you told me there were only up to 14lber in there...REALLY NEILLLLL tut tut tut