NUBA open letter

I

Ian Cloke

CLICKY

Please print the letter off and send it to your MP , and the Prime minister, if you would be so good :D It's a letter which hopefully will make our sport safe in the future.

W

Wolfman Woody

My MP fully supports angling and ALL field sports without exception.

He will definitely be getting my vote at the next GE.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Mmmmm.Interesting.

A good rallying cry to anglers on certain issues but I fear NUBA is straying into territory which it realy should not.

This NUBA concept needs careful looking at.Any organisation which claims to speak for all anglers needs to be circumspect in what it says on non-angling issues.

J

John Adair

I think they should stick to expressing opinions about fishing instead of waffling on about their notions of what might constitute "decent Britishness and British common sense". And what that's got to do with (Southern) Ireland, which apparently falls into their definition of 'National' too, is anyone's guess.

Any politician with the stamina to make it through to the end of that letter has my sympathy. 1500 words and I've next to no idea what they actually want.

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Any politician with the stamina to make it through to the end of that letter has my sympathy. 1500 words and I've next to no idea what they actually want.

My thoughts as well John!

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Thanks Christian......that photo is a couple or three years old now......i'll be fishing for them again in a couple of weeks though.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

I have said it before, angling already has it's representative bodies. Those involved work bloody hard, often resulting in their own poor health and family problems.

If the anglers out there were to get more involved with existing bodies (instead of coming on web sites and moaning about nothing being done for ME) things might happen more quickly

How many of the great unwashed ever go to even their own club meetings/AGM's? How many clubs ever put forward proposals or send a delegate to any body they are affiliated to?
How many even care, but are happy to jump on the next 'bandwagon' that promises all things to all men?

Get involved and make the already established organisations work for YOU.

Where the BNP comes into the equation I just don't know...and slagging off a Government they are hoping to influence is not a good way to start any barnstorming organisation.

Of course if NUBA is looking to attract the 'commercial' fans, good luck to it/them.
Most I have come across care little for the environment and even less for the fish they catch day after day after day. As for the notion of angling being banned, many of the commercials and the management of them could even sway my opinion at times.

As for NUBA offering membership for free, some of the power companies sales tactics come to mind....would you consider changing suppliers madam? the next thing you know you have changed your company (or are a member of NUBA) Just like that!

The time has now arrived for anglers to speak with one voice! err, has Mr Suttie not heard of the Fisheries and Angling Conservation Trust F.A.C.T. ...and I doubt whether our cousins in Southern Ireland would be very pleased at being classed as BRITISH