John Jones isn't in very good fettle

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Some of you may remember John Jones who wrote two or three articles on here a while ago this being one of them.

Well, sad to say he has recently undergone surgery for Prostate cancer and unfortunately for him things have gone a bit haywire post op. I phoned him on Saturday to see how he was after having his bag removed after three weeks and he is now totally incontinent in the waterworks department.

Things may improve over the next 6 to twelve months they have told him but of course he is really down in the dumps at present. He is stuck in the house unable to go anywhere and what makes it worse he is self employed and it looks like being a lean time for John in the foreseeable future.

We had arranged to have a few months fishing Horseshoe lake this summer but of course that is out of the question now, I shall miss my fishing companion this year, we have fished together for over 30 years and it won't seem the same without him, I just pray he improves a bit quicker than they forecast.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Graham. Your friend John has my sympathy in large measures as i myself have had two operations for non-malignant enlarged prostate. Luckily i am fully functional but i can empathise with your mate and hope he makes enough of a recovery to have a decent quality of life and is able to continue with his work and fishing. Mick,

W

Wolfman Woody

Seems I'm teh same Michael, but just one op and everything thankfully went well.

They did warn that I could suffer from incontinence (I thought they said "You could be in t'continent after." and I thought "That'll do me, a few weeks in France."), but they said there were other operations they could perform to "Tighten the elastic band.", was how they put it.

Give him my sympathies Graham. You've talked about him so much and it was nice to hear the other week that he was in full recovery then, or so you thought. It's not the end of the line yet, I'm sure there's things they can do.

W

Wolfman Woody

They also told me that I could be "important".

Not seen any of that, but my $ex life's gone down the pan I can tell you.

T

The Monk

terrible news Graham I do hope hes alright in the long term mate.

my $ex life's been going down the pan for years Jeff,

I`m down to twice a night now!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
All the best to John, I wish him well.

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
Graham, I too wish him a speedy recovery.

I just followed your link to his article. I'm now going to search for the others. Brought a real smile and a lump in the throat to read that. What a lovely, eloquent writer he is -he has a real talent for capturing a moment in time.

Although he may not be fit enough to go fishing, does he have access to a PC? Perhaps he'd like to contribute some more stories? Not quite the same as being out fishing, I know, but it may help him through what I'm sure must be difficult times. I for one would love to hear more of his tales, and I'm sure there are many on this forum who would also like to hear more from John.

P

pons

Really good luck John,and that article is first rate,the humour and generosity shining through.
Prostrate problems are rife for us older ones,but hopefully treatment is getting better.
Stick with it John.
Pons