out yesterday

gazguildford

Reaction score
was out yesterday with a pal he had a 5lb jack on a float fished joey it had a really gammy eye apparently caused by a parasite from the ducks? but before that i had this little lovely at 12lb 11oz it fell to a legered joey on the first cast both fish came in the first 45 mins and not a touch after lol.
i love it when you get of to a flying start, the day was made worth while from the very first cast. its not a great pic but rather than keep her out of the water it would do me
gazpike333.jpg

agamemnon

Reaction score
nice fish and sounds like you had the same session i had last weekend

gazguildford

Reaction score
yeah it was good its taken alot of blanks alot of hours and patience but finally have my first double of the season just waiting for a 20 lol but off the mark atleast! amazing how a short frost can make the difference

gazguildford

Reaction score
it was my first trip to this venue as i have read it is a notoriously difficult water, we were going to hit the river but it was in flood so we decided to give it a go as its close to home and im on call for work but i spoke to a fella in the swim next door he said its gin clear in the summer but it was slightly coloured due to little inlets that run of from the road. (he said it was very coloured but i think it was very clear) ive fished worse lol

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
gazguildford............Anyone who ventures out in the present weather conditions (NOT really dire but cold enough to be miserable!) absolutely deserves some success, so well done to you!!
'Back into the water as soon as possible'.....from what I see sometimes on the bank (fish out far too long for pics) ALL anglers should take note.....

Note a record breaker by any means but a nice fish on a cold day!

greeny1321

Reaction score
Well in mate, I had a similar start on the bridgewater canal a little while back, got one just under 9lb 5 minutes into the session then not a touch all day.

If your luck is anything like mine them dubs will keep coming mate, it took me 9 months to get my first one and then only about 2 months to get my next 4!

gazguildford

Reaction score
cheers guys it is the my first of the season ... on dead baits anyway and last year i only had one haha its been hard work many boring blanks and many hours of hard work im usually on the rivers moving around working hard and leaving nothing to chance but sunday it was more of a social day to decide on future tactics and spots to fish so ironically she was caught on a hard bottom joey with bait and wait tactics virtually no effort except finding the shelf with a plummet ..... i might try being lazy again soon haha

and i like to get the fish back asap partly for the fish and partly for me i stuggle to catch whats out there without me decreasing their numbers lol