Korum Self-inflating Compact Mats

F

Frothey

Any pics of the large mat inflated? cant find any on the korum site. might be just what i've been looking for......

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The top picture represents both mats, they're the same shape, just different in size. John is holding the large one, in its bag, in the picture so you get an idea of the length of it from that.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The mats don't inflate tight, like a balloon, or the fish would just roll off. They inflate enough to prevent a large fish from sagging the top surface to meet the bottom, if you see what I mean - the fish lies in a nice hollow.

F

Frothey

its a great idea - my mats as big as my rucksack and its a pain to carry around when i'm not expecting to use it!

the korum one can live in the rodbag...

W

Wolfman Woody

"Very comfortable for sitting on too if you don't bother with a chair."

Or if you forget to take yours.

I should talk.....

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
You definitely need one of these Jeff (the Large of course). Great for Farmer's.

W

Wolfman Woody

Hehehe! Had mine done, Graham. It was the stoney step that gave me a pain in the aris. But then I rarely forget anything, that was a senior moment I was going through.

I've looked at the normal Korum mats for a long time. The shape and thought that has gone into them is good.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Don't buy one until you've seen the self-inflators.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I know that the mats dimensions were given at the start of the reveiw but it would still be nice to actually see different fish on one,instead of trying to get a mental picture.
It definately sounds good though and i will take a look at one,with a veiw to using it on the ouse for barbel this coming season.

captain carrott

Reaction score
he might even be able to get the whole of his arris on the large one,
it is 4 foot by 3 foot afterall.

Martyn Parker

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry to be dumb...........

Are these mats OK for Carp Fishing?

I really like the Korum products and have the new luggage so would like to try the large mat. However, what size fish do you think is it's max

Thanks

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Martyn: The Large one is perfectly suitable for carp.

Evan: There is no mechanism as such. When you remove the valve cover it just sucks in air. As I said earlier, it doesn't inflate like a balloon, it just takes in enough air to form a soft cushion.

Martyn Parker

Reaction score
Many Thanks Graham.....

On the basis of the quality of the Korum stuff I already have, I think I will get one of these.

Thanks again!

G

Gary Knowles

pretty mucht he best thing about them is they fold up into a rucksack pocket - what other sling does that.

I've been using mine for about a year for Barbel, chub, bream, perch, etc and can echo everything Graham wrote in his review.

Simple, innovative, effective and practicle...

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I have been trying to source one of the smaller ones and I can't find a single site that sells them. I would have thought something as good as this would have many outlets but no, not one apart from a big one up for auction on Ebay.