Another blank....

L

Len Foster

4 in a row chaps...this time at Fennes Fishery in Braintree, Essex. Freezing cold, part of lake still frozen.

Still, we will be back at it next Saturday :)

Len.

C

Cakey

Is fennes still a match lake(s)
last time there kept catching 1lb carp on 4lb tc rods with 5oz leads ,every time i cast out i over shot the lake into the farmers field.

C

Craig w

Len Mate i just did 3 in a row before i had a fish on my local water! but we keep the bait trickling in and a few fish are still showing even when some ice is on the water.
Can you get to pre bait a few days with a small bit of bait before you go again. We are baiting the same spots steady even if we dont fish, the few fish that are being caught are coming from the regular baited spots.

L

Len Foster

Cakey: I think so mate, I think I overheard 2 blokes speaking about an upcoming match today on Ash lake. I know what you mean about overcasting, I lobbed one out and it landed in the small river on the other side!!!

Craig: No chance of that mate. Four of us go at the moment and we looking around Kent/Essex/Surrey/Herts/Berks for new waters. We are trying somewhere new each week...prolly why we are blanking a lot!

Len

C

Cakey

Len
have a look at Holwell Hyde in Welwyn Garden City ,I had a 29lb 4oz carp, pike to 25lb, theres perch and roach,bream and tench.
and I can guarantee you to catch almost every visit.
I have used this water for 20yrs as my bend in the rod water,when I need to catch something.
this place has litter baliffs and is the cleanest place you will ever visit.

CAKEY

L

Len Foster

Thanks Cakey...just surfed about and contacted them by phone. Its fishing quite well according to person on phone, no bait bans, ticket on bank...might even check this out tomorrow!

Cheers...Len