Leeda Blue Diamond

R

Robert Robins

Does anyone out there know where I might get hold of a Leeda Blue Diamond 15'/18'/20' fishing rod, new or used.
I live in Spain and fish a slow running 20' deep river, with lots of wild carp average 6lbs, and want to get away from sliding float or feeder fishing, hence the length requirement. Or does anyone have any other suggestions about rod or method?

W

Wolfman Woody

Quite a few 18-20 foot rods out there.

The Blue Diamond and even the Blue Diamond IIs are rather old now. I tested one of the first in 1995, I think. Good rods though, made by the Silver Rod co of Korea if I remember, but sold as Leeda and fitted with Seymo RDX rings on the first series.

R

Robert Robins

Thanks for the quick response Woody, this is my first ever use of a forum.

The price of the Leeda rod was an attraction. Spanish fishermen use bolognese rods, heavy telescopic things, sometimes up to 8 metres in length, but they certainly know their stuff.

The stretch of river we fish is used for the Spanish Nationals, and we are told that it is earmarked for some International contests soon. I would like to see the Brits v Spanish contest.

W

Wolfman Woody

Try Googling for Middy, Map, Preston, and Maver, 17 or 18 ft rods.

Or looks at some of the shops on the left here - Easy Tackle, Poingdestres, Trev's tackle.

Alan Woodward

Reaction score
DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0367.jpg

I have a nearly new one, in pristine condition and am willing to sell have sent you a PM.