Books about **** Walker?

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Anyone any idea when there will be any books published about Walker? I thought I read that Ron was supposed to be writing one, what's happened to it Ron?
Any progress?

Colin

W

Wolfman Woody

Ron's contributed something in Chevin's book, I believe, but Barrie Rickards is proofing his book (or has proofed it) so not much longer to wait.

Chevin

Reaction score
Mine is with the publisher but we are presently waiting for some photographs which are being provided by Pat Walker. She and the publisher are meeting on the 1st June to sort them out. We are also in the process of trying to get better copies of some letters from him to anglers such as Fred Buller and John Howe. We have the letters, we just need the copies to be clearer.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Barrie tells me it will be published by the end of this month.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Good show Graham.

It's about time too.

W

Wolfman Woody

What are the letters like, Chevin, quality-wise, contrast, legibility etc?

Graham's good at copying ?20 notes. Mind you, it costs him ?25 to do each one.

The Bone Collector

Reaction score
Graham's good at copying ?20 notes. Mind you, it costs him ?25 to do each one.

Speaking of which ex pro footballer Micky Thomas was convicted of selling dodgy ?20 notes round the pubs in Liverpool (well, where else).

Whilst serving under her Majesty's Pleasure because of his skills he was selected by the warden to play for the prison football team.

When playing against other prison teams in the Stir League and Micky won possession the supporting lags were heard to cry out in unison "Forge Ahead Micky"!

That is perfectly true.

Chevin

Reaction score
The letters are good but some are over 30 years old! Some well over 40 years old. Things like his invention of the "Nightjar" along with drawings and improvements. It will be possible to get better copies than I had because all I got were copies and of course they had to be copied again. This time the originals will be copied professionally.