Pike Fishing – The Ultimate Film?

richiekelly

Reaction score
How come it costs $30 in the States and £25 here?

Because most things in this country are a rip off, my gandsons moto x stuff nearly all comes from the states as its so much cheaper than here, stuff thats £100 here is £40 there.

Richard Hewitt

Administrator
Reaction score
I agree there are numerous examples of US prices being better than UK but
if you then import the product here there are issues such as vat, postage and returns issues to deal with that mitigate this somewhat. Still worthwhile sometimes though!

This film is Euros 29.99 direct from the publishers so the price of £24.95 including 20% vat is competitive in Europe and also comparable with other quality DVD's.

I have watched the film twice and it is actually worth every penny.

Price sold on here is beyond our control.

Richard

Richard Hewitt

Administrator
Reaction score
Also bear in mind the US version does not work on EU machines being a different format NTSC (only works on US players) and PAL (only EU players.)

Best thing to do is to get a friend to buy it and go round his house with a few beers!

Richard

caesarson

Reaction score
Thought it was fantastic. Not a technique/How too type of DVD. But a well filmed, with very stylist camera work piece of filming. The soundtrack accompanying the catches makes it different to anything I have seen before. Made want to get on a plane and sample the fishing as well.

Def recommend this one.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As I observed a few weeks ago here, largely unnoticed on the Pike / Fly board on which I posted - not at all a bad film.

Just a shame that it took the U.S. "Industry" (brands, faux-Gonzo "attitude", bad muzak soundtrack) to twig on to the fact that Anglers had long ago twigged on to movies - fly and other wise - that merely flogged, whether overtly (brands, logos, the latest rod or breathable waders) or covertly (we got an invite to fish waters that would cost you guys several thousand $s a week to fish, if you knew, but you don't) someone's new upscale, all borders, fences and frontiers secured, fishing lodge...

Still, dream on...