Sixth Sense - Or Common Sense?

R

Ron Clay

There are many times when I feel my six sense working. For example when I fish two rods I know instinctively which rod is going to produce the bites. And it nearly always happens that way.

There are days when I know I am going to catch well. And there are days when I know before setting out that I will blank.

Spend time and look hard at a piece of river or stillwater. All of a sudden you know where you should be fishing without resorting to watercraft knowledge. To do this you need to let your mind go blank. In time you will find yourself concentrating on one particular piece of water. Follow those instincts; go and fish there. You may be surprised at what you catch.

K

Kevan Farmer

This is one of those things that we as modern man are supposed to have lost. It has long been thought that our ancestors - pre-historic - had this 'extra sense or feeling' on tap. They would have needed it. It branches out into other areas. Have you ever thought how man came to know which things were good to eat and which were not? I think this very same 'feling' that some people get - Ron, you are not alone but I am not privvy to the sense - when fishing was also responsible for 'man' finding out the poisonous plants and the edible ones. It probably saved early man form getting gored a few times by wild animals, i.e. he sensed they were around.

Kevan

G

Gary Knowles

Ron,

I'm not so sure mate. I think that when you look at a piece of water your watercraft is telling you which piece you should fish. You may think its a sixth sense and it would be quite nice to think that an unseen force is guiding us, but I believe subconciously our inbuilt knowledge and experience is pointing us in the right direction.

J

Jon Moores

I know what you mean Ron, it certainly feels sometimes like a sixth sense, but in the end I think a combination of subconciously combining information and sheer fluke explains it. I agree though at times I've felt almost spooked by one of these sort of captures, but of course we never remember the times it didn't work. BTW Didn't this sort of thing have something to do with Jack Hilton stopping fishing after he became a Jehovah's witness?

R

Rob Brownfield

Too many times I have woken several minutes before a rod has gone screaming off. Now..when i wake in the middle of the night, I slip out of my bag and stand by the rods as I am almost certain i am going to get a run.

I have spoken about this to several other anglers..and they have all had similar experiences.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
All GOOD things so far.
My sixth sense told me that all was not well during a recent foray to Korda. All alone in the darkness (not normally a problem) I began to feel uneasy.

Has anybody out there had a ghostley experiance ????

I knew something was about to happen, I just wasn't prepared for how frigtening that could be.

My kit was packed away and in the car in record time. I've not been back and won't be fishing there on me todd again.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Same as Rob. I nearly always wake a few seconds before the buzzer sounds when i'm night fishing, weird eh.
Fancy Korda thursday night Murray!!!

R

Ron Clay

It does of course take a long time, in fact many years before you 6th sense become apparent. It's probably based on many years experience of success and failure.

What is most interesting howver is the sudden preminition that you are going to get a bite or run. This happens to me ore than I can count these days.

R

Richard Drayson

With all this talk of premonitions, sixth sense etc I'm wondering if Ron has ever had any success with the National Lottery!
Maybe he's just gone to the dogs.
There should be a good joke there somewhere :)

R

Ron Clay

I don't do the national lottery.

However here are 6 numbers you might care to try. If you do win I want 30% lol

15, 04, 09, 46, 23, 21

W

Oh no, i see an FM lottery syndicate forming here if this carry's on. And with syndicating being headline news need i say more!!!
03 14 44 37 20 09

:eek:)

P

Paul Williams

We could buy that large Sourthern pit, we could out bid the kickles lads.....Williams and Fickling would have to move over on Masons.....we could rule the big fish world.......and Ron could be our leader!!!!!

W

'That large southern garvel pit'
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, lots of em down here Paul!!!

Ours Murray, ours.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Rodney.
I was dreading this. Now I've got to do the numbers as well. Bet they come up and 148 of us walk off with a paltry ?2800.00. Not even enough for the fishing at Adams.!!!

C

Cakey

I like to think I catch because im good at what I do, not something spooky out there !!