Big Eel reported in local paper

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
A 10lb 2oz 'wriggler' has been reported from a weel known Suffolk Carp venue. Fish was taken on a boilie intended for Carp. Heaviest Eeel on Norfolk and Suffolk list prior to that was a 8lb 8oz fish from Feltwell Pits in 1994. Apparently a bailiff said previous best was 8lb, and that last week an angler Dan Taylor from Reydon had 7 Eels to over 7lb. Is this water the new Eeel Mecca?

T

The Monk

that really is something else, the best I`ve seen was Kevin Stephensons 8.2 at the NASA fishin many years ago, big eels are still an unknown phenomina in the UK

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Andy Nellist and Wol will have pricked up their ears reading that I bet. That is one big wriggly isn't it, I have seen a couple in Veals tackle shop in a showcase and they are 8 or 9lb and they really are very impressive fish when they grow that big.

I always find it amazing the variety of big fish that carp anglers catch fishing boilies.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

10 lb 2 oz is an absolute monster. There are only 5 doubles in the top 50.

Monk I think Kev Stephensons fish at the NASA do weighed 7 lb 2 oz.

Lark

Reaction score
I had a six pounder from a small backwater a while back and that went like a nutter - I wouldn't mind getting a look at a ten!
If it was a fishmeal based boilie I can kind-of understand it but if it's tutti-frutti or pineapple.....

S

sash

Richard,

Have you changed your email mate. I've been trying to contact you for a couple of days but just keep getting undeliverable messages back. Can you mail me via my profile?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Yes Kevin's eel did weigh 7lbs 1 oz. I have a photo of it, I remember him catching it on lobworms. You were there at the time mate!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I was there too, although i missed seeing the beast. How is Kev doing nowadays?

honslow

Reaction score
Richard, have you got any more details about that - the fishery or the paper in question?
Cheers,
Greg, Angling Times
Tel: 01733 465673

T

The Monk

7lbs 1 oz. , yes sorry guys, I actually photograhed it, the old memorys getting the better of me I`m afraid