pole fishing

B

Badger 184

Hi I am thinking of trying the pole when my health allows, but dont have the first idea of how to go about it. Has anyone got any tips on what to do?

HEMP HEAD

Reaction score
My best advice to you would be go and find someone on your local water who is using a pole and and ask their advice.In my experience most anglers are approachable and willing to give advice.When you first start fishing with a pole start at the shorter lengths and work your way up as you get used to it.You will probably find it very cumbersome at first specially at the longer lengths but stick at it you find it very rewarding when you get the hang of it.Especially when that elastic gets ripped out by a large fish.good luck.

sir paul

Reaction score
Hi need a little info can any one tell me is it aloud to fish on the grand union canal at the moment as l no there is no fishing on rivers and drains

W

Wolfman Woody

Some parts yes, other parts no.

EG: many stretches of the GU allow fishing during the close season because the Law allows it. Some stretches though are licenced to clubs who uphold the close season completely.

To further complicate the issue, there are bits of the canal, around Rickmansworth and Harefield, where the river Colne becomes the canal and on here, the fishing might well be off. Also any site that is an SSSIs (Site of Special Scientific Interest).

Ask around your local tackle shops, tehy should know.