whats best seatbox under ?400

capbrown

Reaction score
whats the best seatbox under ?400 ,please give your opinions.

B

Big Rik

Thinking how much us carpers get slated for spending big bucks on gear and then see this thread and think.....mmmmmmm.....

Can't offer an opinion on the seat box, but glad to see you're not shy and splashing some cash on a bit of gear.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
I've had a look at the Preston x box range the x5 is a round ?290 and looks and feels a good solid box.locking draws looked good

Also looked at one, a no name brand, Far east copy I belive,

5 draw,footpalte, comes with wheels and handle, side tray ?199 all metal, magnetic draws - not sure on these seemed ok in shop but might not hold so good after a few years service.

Tally Ho

capbrown

Reaction score
lord paul you see these boxes in sheffield? if so where im from sheffied

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Alick old bean

Bennetts have the Preston x box 5x at ?319 also the X3 and the x6 ?369 looks a good deal if you've got the cash look it up on their website

Calcotts have the X5 for ?289 and the other box I mentioned at ?199

Also ahve a look at Climax fihsing shop at Dtonfield - they're a website and the deals look ok - I'm going to have a look this week end

Tally Ho

Morespiders

Reaction score
?400 JESUS,Alick you could stay in a mental care home for a week for that money.Then when your released ,you can have my fishing basket for nothing

Reaction score
Garbolino Super G standard box. ?399 with height adjustable seat that also swivels. No frame like most of the continental style boxes, but has a large diameter pillar at the back. Seat is the most comfortable I have ever sat on. Has 3 drawers under the seat (2 half width & one full width that is accessible from either side. All legs and adjustments (barring the footplate handwheels) are of the same type as bicycle quick release lever mechanisms. Also supplied with a 120mm deep base unit, 30mm winder tray & lid with two top mounted compartments with lids (ideal for keeping spare elastics etc in). The base can also be built up to how you want it, and is secured/opened by a twin trigger type mechanism that allows access from either side (as well as being able to be slotted away either way round under the set itself).
They are now in the shops after a couple of weeks delay whilst a couple of small modifications were carried out to the ones that were shown at the NEC in March.