Maver Mantis margin pole

Reaction score
Hi all

I've not posted for a while here, in fact I've only been on the waters edge twice in 2 years (sad but true) but last Thursday I managed a day out with my good friend Jeff (woody) and had a lovely time even though it rained all day.
I'm thinking of a nice margin pole to have some fun with and was looking at the Maver Mantis pole.
I would be very grateful for any info on this margin pole, it looks and sounds great.

Thanks
Stu

A

andrew springett

This is a new pole from maver so it might be worth looking in the monthly/weekly magazines to try and get a report.But you should not go to far wrong with a maver pole. Try bennetts of sheffield they do 6 months interest free credit too!

W

Wolfman Woody

Stu,

This is the Maver Mantis. Very nice, 10.5 metres and a spare top two for ?199.99

But hang on. There is also The Daiwa "Yank 'n' Bank" (awful name, you know how I feel about them Stuart) that is almost same specification as the Maver, <u>but with 2 spare top twos</u>.

There's one halfway down this page, or here from Rugby

You like Daiwa stuff, don't you? This is good and you can elasticate them at 6 or 8, 10s 0r 12s, and a 14s or 16s - they'll all take fish in the lake. I landed one as you know on a 6s elastic, it's just takes a little time.

Reaction score
Cheers Jeff :)

Had a look at it and she looks nice. I could stick to my lerc pole but its hard work even though its got a lovely action.

By the way, still cleaning up the dog!! had to steam clean the house today!!!!