209lb Catfish

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date

Linda Billington

Reaction score
I caught it on the river Segre in Spain a couple of weeks ago. They reckon its the unofficial record for a lady angler, and possibly the largest freshwater fish caught by a woman too!

S

Stevie 12345

Its a fantastic fish well done Linda, just one thing though are you allowed to breast feed them?

S

Stevie 12345

Sorry I couldnt resist it, it really is a great fish though- congratulations

W

Wolfman Woody

Some tadpole that.

Wait til you see the size of the frog!

Grenouille anyone?

I

Ian Cloke

Great fish Linda, well done:) How long did it take to land the fish?

Scouser

Reaction score
Cracker pic, looks like 'you' was the bait...very well done Linda. That is a fantastic fish!

Linda Billington

Reaction score
It took me about 25 minutes to land it but put up one hell of a scrap!

I'd actually had a steroid injection in my elbow before I went on holiday as I'd been suffering from 'golfer's elbow' an inflamation of the tendon. I had been resting it for weeks and taking anti-inflamatories but nothing seemed to be helping.

As this was the first fish that had taken the bait and I wasn't sure what to expect (my previous cat pb only weighed 16lb) I was extremely worried that my arm wouldn't cope. - The pain whilst playing the fish was excruciating!

I was very upset as I thought my holiday would be ruined as I doubted I would be able to fish again but when I realised the size of the beast I'd hooked I was relieved as I knew the pain was mostly due to the size of the fish rather than my gammy elbow, and any further fish I would catch (if I was lucky enough to do so) wouldn't test it as badly.

I went on to catch 5 fish in total during the week, the smallest being 105lb.

Oh, and my elbow?, and just in case you're wondering has never felt so good. It's amazing what adrenalin can do for you!

T

The Monk

wow, some fish Linda, the old pheromones must have been working overtime for that one

Linda Billington

Reaction score
Not bad at all!

Had my first session of Barbel fishing a couple of weeks ago on the river and beginners luck prevailed again and I caught a fine 13lb specimen!

Also had a blinding carp session at my local fishery where hubby and I fished 2 nights on the specimen lake (which can be very tricky) but between us we managed to catch just over 304lb of carp (largest lump I caught on that session was just over 20lb.

But my target for this year, my first Zander, has so far eluded me but the years not out yet so who knows, luck might smile again.