The 4th FishingMagic Fly Fish-In

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
S

Shrek

Sounds like you all had an excellent day again.

Excellent write up from both of you.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

What price a Barney double at Clattercote?The man must be stopped!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nice write up guys and what a lovely gesture from BC to Ron, I would have loved to seen Ron's face.

Where was that trout going Wend?

G

Gary Knowles

mmmm...interesting write up guys. slightly weighted though..

Graham fished well, blah, blah, blah...from Ron

Gracious Graham from his write up...trying to help me at every opportunity

not many facts though.

Like Graham left the pub early to secure the only peg left on the hawthorn bank.

Like I gave him a 5-0 start before I managed to get a peg

Like Graham ran over to see what I was catching them on

Like Graham and Ron tried to extend the match when i took the lead by turning their watched back (and asked Wendy to collude in their scullduggery...)

good job I only fly fish twice a year eh?

ps - I also kept up my record on borrowing. Dave C's rods and reels, Rons fly and when i lost the only hawthorn i had and Ron refused to give me another as he sat coaching Mr Marsden willing him to catch...

good laugh though ;o)

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Oh, he does come up with some good 'uns. There was me, not fishing for long periods, and him breaking into a sweat.

W

Wolfman Woody

I hope there's a lot more photographs to come. It would be nice to identify everyone although hard to mistake Ron, Graham, Bryan, and Barney. Even harder to mistake Miss Gobby (oops, sorry, I mean the ever effervescent Wendy).

EDIT: What a nice touch and an expensive one by the sound of it, from the Bone Collector. Congratulations Ron, it sounds as if you have a fan there.

Speaking of effervescence, had Barney been taking the Andrews before he arrived, or was it just the remains of another "last night" curry?

Roll on Saturday, but in answer to Nigel's demand, just don't lend Barney any bait.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

All the way there he held it in and then played the trumpet voluntary as soon as he came across to say hello. The owner's dog ran off, Ron spluttered and said, "Oh goodness, that's terrible," and then went green. Everyone else chorused "you dirty b******!" and then ran after the dog.

S

Steve King

Hi
I hope you don't mind but I am sending this message on behalf of my husband Steve King who is supposed to be going to some fishing event on Saturday. He has asked me to tell you that he is in hospital. He had an asthma attack yesterday. Not sure when they will let him come home. He says to hold his place and he will give you a definite answer on Thursday.

Hope I have posted this in the right place.

Catherine King

T

The Monk

Hi Cathy,
hope you are keeping well,
please send Steve my regards, hope hes ok soon

Nick

S

Steve King

Hi Nick
Thank you so much I will certainly pass on your message to him tonight. I am sure it will cheer him up. What he needs is some fresh country air and more walking instead of London pollution.

Regards
Catherine

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Message noted Catherine, tell him to get well soon and we hope to see him on Saturday.

Reaction score
Sounds an absolutely splendid do, although I was appalled that none of you dressed for lunch. Ron and Graham, standards are standards!

Wonderful write up, I will endeavour to attend next year.

Is Mr. King's event to be attended by "Barney"? I am sure a methane atmosphere is not suitable for asthmatics. Should he be warned?

Great read

Posh

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Was a fantastic day as per usual on FM's fish-ins. Meal was great too. That trout was so wriggly!

Great day thank you to everyone there.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Wendy - they are Trout - they are meant to wriggle ;-)

Ron - nice write up from what looked like another really good fish-In.

Maybe I'll try and make the trip next year, just to give you some competition.

By the way - How many of them there Trouts did Mr. Clay account for in the match?

Steve

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and hopefully we'll see you at Clattercote.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I have never fished the match Peter.

First of all I do the counting and ajudication and secondly, if I did fish the match it wouldn't be fair on the others.

Next Year I think I am going to give Barney and Graham a 4 fish handicap. It would be nice to see some other names on the trophy.

And next year, Barney will not be given any flies.