NUBA

Geof

Reaction score
Recently an organisation called Sport England on behalf of the govornment decided there were half a million anglers in this country.more people apparently play cricket etc.Because of this we are not going to be recognised as a serious sport. Keith arthur and Alan Suttie launch a unifying organisation in response and guess what...There are 1300 members so far.Its even Bl**dy free to join!!You lot out there are going to have to get your fat lazy fingers out because everyone else has ie.The antis and to an extent the shooting fraternity.Come on wake up!

alan

Reaction score
do a search, plenty of threads about the waste of space...

erm sorry nuba.

T

Terry D

I woke up about 18 years ago and that's why I'm still with angling's governing body, the NFA.

I don't want to argue the toss but any new kid on the blocks are just splitting our loyalties and fuelling the break up of all anglers into many disparate groups.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Is Geof the PR man for NUBA? Nice recruitment technique. Maybe that's why they've got a grand total of 1300 members out of a potential 3,000,000 or so.

L

Leigh

Surely the most accurate measure of our sports popularity is the sale of rod licenses. Sure, not everyone who fishes has one and some, myself included, have 2 or more but this has got to be a more accurate indicator than the membership numbers of a load of disperate organisations an clubs.

Am i missing something or is this simply common sense?

Cheers,
Leigh

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Geof said: "Its even Bl**dy free to join!!"

So why does it say on the NUBA website ...

To join NUBA
Suggested donations as follows but higher donations are welcome

Adult Membership ...... ?3
2 Adults Membership ...... ?5
Child membership (under 16) ...... ?1
Family Membership ...... ?10 (individual names required)
Club Membership ...... ?25 (please state number of members)
Trade Membership ...... available on request

B

Brendan Ince

graham how many members has this website got as it to is free to join ? i think thet the govornment and figures should not be said together ( sorry for this ) but how many illigal imagrents are there in this country they have no idea on thet one ? they just like to pick a number how have they come up with this one ? how many tackle shops are there out there ? i might be well of the mark hear but could it not be the case thet they are ( i dont really want to say this )lowering the numbers so if they try to ban fishing ( they did fox hunting and other hunting ) joe public want kick up a stink ?

Geof

Reaction score
Sorry for my blunt comment but despite angling having several excellent bodies with many members and millions of licence holders,sport England whoever they are decided that we are a minority sport hence will not be any great loss if we go the way of hunting.I thought if one unifying body which is free to join might present a stronger front to those who oppose us.The donations are only a suggestion as i remember.I think the countryside Alliance are a good example.If anglers see us as different from hunting then they are mistaken. The antis see us as exactly the same.we will miss out on subsidies too if we are not properly represented.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

If the 'donations' are only a suggestion and no-one chose to pay how would it run

B

Brendan Ince

ive just had a mag posted to to today catch by the environment agency it says and i quote
over 4 million people go fishing each year,making it one of the nations'favourite outdoor sports
who do you belive ? it evan got a web address to look at
www.environment-agency.gov.uk/attitudes
kinda wierd how two goverment bodies carnt agree on the same thing ?
the reason i asked about members on this site i know its world wide but they are both free to join and are both about fishing ?
i wont to join some kinda fishing thing like the aca and i dont mind paying a little money to join it the question is which one do i join will do the most for the sport i love with my money ?
is it one that ?5.00 to join and all thet fiver goes into the sport or one that ?25.00 to join where only ?4.00 goes to it the rest goes else where i just dont know ?
i am sorry if i sound abit negative and its is by no means a dig at you geof
i am only going to join one body and i just dont know which one to join ?

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Exactly how much in subsidies did the fox hunters receive...as a 'sport' not through spin-off's; land owners/farming grants, and did the hunters have a government agency specifically to support them?
Mr Suttie's latest rant is unlikely to endear the NUBA to many MP's and Ministers.

Anyone looking for representation there are already several RECOGNISED organisations working for the benefit of anglers, angling and fisheries. Have a look at the FACT site http://factuk.co.uk/