A butterfly and a buddleia

M

MarkTheSpark

It's not a tortoisehell. It's a painted lady, I think. But it's a lovely pic. Well done.

T

The Monk

Its not a painted lady Mark. I have planted a lot of Buds in the garden and I`ve even had purple haitstreaks on them, I like butterfly photography, I usually use a 70 mil lense for this sort of work

Reaction score
No problem Monkey!

Just waiting for the nice admin men to let it through!

While you're at it, take a look at the baby great tit that fledged yesterday. The nest is in the breezeblock wall which borders our house. It is maybe ten feet from the house and is the second year on the run that they have nested here.

The parent bird produced five chicks which all got away safely.

Reaction score
Uh Oh, booboo alert!

Just checking my laptop images against Monk's links and I have made a little boobie! The new butterfly image is not the same as the last, they are two different species!

I now believe the first one to be a tortoiseshell and the second one to be a painted lady!

Image now live, by the way!

T

The Monk

nice one John, I`ve also got a nice pair of tits in the garden

M

MarkTheSpark

It's a painted lady, honestly, and truthfully, and definitely. Both pictures. Painted Lady. No question whatever.

W

Wolfman Woody

Not seen so many butterflies this year. There was an orange tip a week last Thursday whilst we were fishing, but normally seen lots of blues by now.

Funny old year though, I've only had one very small collection of St Georges mushrooms. Had them in a risotto at the weekend.